Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blame It On the Computer.....

     I tried to blog last night (Wed) and I couldn't get onto the website---not just this one but any website.  I was online, but that is where it stopped.  SO.....this morning I tried again.  Same thing.  I called my internet carrier.  The rep tried to help but couldn't so gave me a number to call.  I fiddled (not literally) a bit when suddenly I was able to access websites.  Weird.  It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
     Wednesday was a gorgeous late fall day here in the PNW.  Sun was bright with just a hint of chill in the air.  Great.  I met Angie and Debbie (drove myself) early afternoon for Deb to take Angie to a doctor appointment in Portland.  (Angie is still dealing with the aftermath of tethered cord surgery.)  Her latest tests didn't help to diagnose her continuing pain.  The search continues. 



 The medical complex is up a high hill.  One gets a wonderful view of the city.  There is an air tram that will take people up in a 5-10 minute ride if they don't want to drive.  (Zach and I took a ride in it last winter.)



    After the appointment we explored the Pearl district starting with a late lunch at P.F.Chang's China Bistro.  We browsed ANTHROPOLOGIE---an upscale trendy store in an old warehouse building.  It was fun to view the clothing, dishes, accessories, novely gifts and even antiques. They had a chair made from old home radiators---sold for about $1, 278.00.  Sorry, I didn't get a picture.  You wouldn't have to worry about anyone carrying it off.  Purple lampshade might go good in my purple toned bedroom. HMMMM.
 
     Early evening on my way home I stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond to look for finishing decorative touches for the house.  I was still looking for the perfect drapes for the office--I kept thinking forest green.  I came across a gold colored set and stood for 20 minute trying to decide if they were the ones.  I figured I could add them to my return pile of 4 possiblities if they didn't work.  (I am a musician not a home decorating artist.)  Today, Thursday, Handyman Bob hung them for me and they will be my perfect drapes---temporarily anyway.   We can all use a little gold in our lives.
 
 
       So today I got myself up and to water aerobics, though a little late.  Handyman Bob came late morning and spent the afternoon hanging up new blinds and curtain rods.  On the large picture window in the livingroom I chose to go with 3 separate "faux" (that means "fake") wood ones.  The dircetions stated 15 minutes from start to finish.  I timed Bob.  It took him 2&1/2 hours. Can't believe everything you read.  He also helped me set up a new wireless printer.  He will be back tomorrow to do a plethera of "honey do" tasks. 
      I got me some squash soup.  I've been wanting some but this particular batch wasn't specifically intended for soup.  One of my edible Thanksgiving decorations developed a couple black spots so I figured it was on the edible now list.  Having cut it up in small pieces and cooked it in the microwave I thought it had all the potential of soup, not just a cook veggie.  So with the addition of additional water, salt, pepper, Italian spice,garlic powder and a little mashing with a fork I had a supply of tasty squash soup.  ("Pumpkin" to the Brits and Aussies.)   
     Thanksgiving is 2 weeks from today.   I am excited to have a number of family here and have my first BIG holiday party at my house. 
     With that in mind, you might be interested to know that I reserved my flight ticket back to Wisconsin during the Christmas season.  I am eager to see family and friends but am already dreading the winter weather.  BURRRRRRR. 
 
     This has been a good 2 busy, PNW living days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near."  (Philippians 4:4& 5)
 
    
 
     
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment