Wednesday, November 28, 2012

REST/FOCUS SHIFT

     Tuesday and Wednesday have been major rest days for me.  AKA lazy.  This is truly the first time I have "just lived" since moving out to VC.  Last Wednesday I was still scurrying around to get my house in order for company (and the way I want it).  Then there was 5 days of family BIG FUN here in the Pacific Northwest.  

(11/27) Still observing autumn colors.....






     So I have enjoyed 2 nights of 10 hours sleep each, a few movies, a Tuesday leisure walk in mild weather, picking up my mail for the past week, playing piano both days, stretching for an hour today, and  not yet washing dishes.  My excuse is that I am resting in order to fight off a cold or virus that has been bothering me for 8 days.  SIGH.
     This is also the lull between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  There will be plenty to do the next 4 weeks. (I am eager to find and play Christmas CDs.)  I have my flight ticket to Wausau, Wisconsin for the Schmidt Christmas gathering the last weekend of December. Yeah!  Except for potential SNOW.

               Pussy willows in late November
     
   


       The main focus of this week is a FOCUS SHIFT.  These past 3 months have been dedicated to settling in.  Now I need to give attention to an income.  OH MY.  To a comfortable or at least manageable routine.  To fostering friendships with new friends.  To finding social involvements.
To getting involved in the music world. To getting my studio set up. To visiting schools and  advertising for students.  I plan to start teaching after the Christmas break.  Check back to Grandma G's blog for all the latest updates.   
 
MT. HOOD FLASHBACK....

Mt. Hood in background before snowline


 Approaching Mt. Hood

Entering the snowline.....
 
Snow markers (so plows can find the road)  It is common to get 50 ft. of snow on the mountain in the winter
 Jude, Gemma, Gerry inside Timberline Lodge

 These are original drapes woven from WWI army uniforms.  Built during the depression, Timberline Lodge is mainly recycled material.  There are no iron nails in the building. 
 Grandma G, Jude and Gemma with Mt. Hood summit in background and end of tree line.

 Roadside mountain waterfall
 
     This has been a good 2 restful days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  (Matthew 11:28 & 29) 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment