Sunday, January 27, 2013

Boring Day/Granddaughter B-day.....

     Yes, Grandma G was actually BORED.  Not by a granddaughter's B-day, but by the Saturday before.  I think I have figured out the problem.  I am NOT out running around National Parks.  I am NOT planning the Great 3 Senior Sisters Cross Country Road Trip. I am NOT closing out a music store.  I am NOT going to the California beach soon. I am NOT planning a big party.  I think Grandma G is an adrenaline junkie, senior citizen style.  
      This is the first time in several years that I can just "live".  Unfortunately, that means getting insurance policies in order, figuring out how to do a complicated tax report, knowing how to maintain a household, advertising for music students.  Now some of this sounds like it can get the adrenaline pumping, but not in a "fun" way.  I hear that self discipline is good for the soul, but my hearing isn't all that good these days.  
      So.... I slept through water aerobics....figured 1&1/2 hour of exercise the day before was sufficient; lounged around; looked over the piggy puzzle and figured it was too challenging for the moment; contemplated events from the past few years.  That is the difficulty of having time to think.  One comes face to face with ghosts of the past.  It was actually a good thing to re-access why I have moved out here and what my goals are.  But such times can be a bit painful.   One has to quit "running" sometime and come to terms with the present reality.  Sorry for the philosophying.   That is what happens when Grandma G hasn't had a fun senior citizen adrenaline rush for a few days.  
    In the evening I started watching a disaster movie, but the trouble with disaster movies is that they are always full of disaster.  This one had a redeeming moment when the vulcanologist (sounds like someone from Star Trek) got his information from a "center for volcanic disruptions" in Vancouver, Washington.  Woo!  Woo!  
   I was SO bored I ate a plateful of shrimp.  Unfortunately, I am allergic to shrimp.


(Just a joke, Folks)
_____________________________________________________________________


  Sunday was Gemma's 6th B-day.  Six years ago today she was born by C-section and was immediately discovered to have a disconnected esophagus and a leak into her lungs.  After emergency surgery she spent her first month in the neonatal unit in San Diego.  Her first year she was fed mainly by a feeding tube.  Today she is an energetic, talkative, singing, pixie of a girl.  During her month in the hospital her dad would sit with her and play soothing music to her through a small tape recorder.  He would leave on to play while she slept.              
 Gemma"s Feeding Tube and Equipment




GEMMA TODAY, THANKS TO GOD'S GRACE......
HAPPY 6TH B-DAY, GEMMA!!

SINGING ABOUT HER DAY...
MAKING SNOWFLAKES WITH DAD


                                                                          GEMMA AND MOM AT DISNEYLAND 

                                         PLAYING IN SNOW FOR THE FIRST TIME



IDENTICAL COUSINS                               AT MT. HOOD WITH JUDE AND DAD





      I wasn't able to be with Gemma to celebrate, but today was one of those special days I get to celebrate also.  After  a blessed church service I came home to rest and to wash  2 loads of clothes.  I invited myself to Deb's to dry the clothes (my dryer quit last week) and to bring the meatloaf I had made for the last senior pot luck dinner. (It wasn't ready in time so it didn't get taken.)  So it was a pleasant, special time to spend with Deb's family.

      This has been a good 2 "boring/Gemma's 6th B-day" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:22&23)







No comments:

Post a Comment