Thursday, January 3, 2013

Snowy Drive.......

      Today it was time to leave Park Falls to drive to Wausau.  I said my last goodbye to Betty.  Lou picked me up about 9:30AM.  We stopped in to say hello to Rose, Lou's mom.  She turned 100 years old in October.  After a brief visit we were on the road---snowy road. 

(Sorry, can't upload pictures---don't know why)

          We arrived at Burt's early afternoon.  Lou decided he wanted to make a guys' vacation to San Diego early February.  Burt got on the computer and soon booked 3 tickets there for Feb. 8.  Fast.  And then sent Lou on his way for the 2 hour trip back to Park Falls.
      I spent the afternoon repacking and cleaning up.  Jen had been busy canning turkey and ham in a pressure cooker.  I hadn't seen one of those in years.  I used to can peaches, pears, pickles and tomatoes.  Never did meat.  Three of Jen's jars didn't seal (Burt admitted to "popping" 3 of them---don't know if those were the 3).  So... we had turkey soup and salads for supper.  Yum. 
      In the evening they hosted "mini church" at their house.  That was a group of 8 people--and me.  It was an enjoyable time discussing a book and having some prayer time. 
     Then off to bed in anticipation of a 5:30AM wake up to get my 7:10AM flight to Minneapolis and then on to Portland.  Goodbye to SNOW!  Yeah!
     I enjoyed having Christmas with family and visiting with friends.  BUT.... the SNOW?   NO!

    This was a good "travel to Wausau" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth'. and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour'."  (Job 37:6)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment