Thursday, January 31, 2013

Still kind of Sick......

     Sorry, Folks,  Grandma G hasn't been feeling herself.  Does that mean she doesn't feel like a grandma?  Might be a good thing.
     I did put in a lot of hours programming a new GeoLou Schmidts family calendar so I could get it ordered by midnight, (PST) Jan 30 and get free postage. It got it all settled by 11:35 PM.  This morning I saw on my email that the order didn't go through because of credit card failure.  I have 7 days to reorder and still get free postage.  The calendar month starts with February since January is over.  Hope the family gets to use the February month.
    I have the start of 2 new songs. That is always exciting to me.  That revs up my energy levels.
    I also have my FIRST music student starting this Sunday.  Yeah!   She's an 11 year old girl who is starting guitar.  I haven't played since last spring.  A friend said to put a dab of clear fingernail polish on my left fingertips so the strings won't hurt my fingers so much.  Don't know if any of you have tried that.  I put some on this evening--about an hour ago--and my fingertips are still sticky.  What I put on was something called "base and finish coat".  Maybe that is not the same as regular polish.  I'll see in the morning how this remedy works--or not.


      I am feeling bad for my northern Wisconsin friends tonight and tomorrow.  I walked over to get my mail this afternoon.  It was high 40's.  Plants and weeds were sprouting.  


    











                

               WARMER TIME IN WISCONSIN  OCT. 27, 2012
              GRANDMA ROSE'S 100TH B-DAY PARTY






















      

                Starting at the back:  Gerry, Bill, Louie,
         Angie, Burt, Grandma Rose, Debbie, Chuck, Al

       This is the only time all my kids have been together----and I wasn't with them.  Seemed appropriate for the occasion.  Grandma Rose is Louie's mom.  


    This has been a good 3 "not feeling well" days in the life of Grandma G.

  "Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits---who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and covers you with love and compassion."  (Psalm 103:2-4)




No comments:

Post a Comment