Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One Person Boarding School.....




Weather is the name of the game these days.  Back in northern Wisconsin they are enduring brutal temperatures and wind chills.  Tonight (Wednesday) the temp is "only" -11, but added wind chill equals -22.  I can remember bearing some of those days.  That is why I am in Vancouver, WA.  Here it  has been chilly but totally tolerable.











     I have come to an unexpected problem.  My smart card for the camera just broke.  I didn't know they could do that.  It can't be from over use.  Huh?  Besides that I insisted that it still brings up the photo program when inserted into the computer.  I insisted so much that it is now STUCK in the computer.  And it still didn't activate the program.  That means "stock" photos for the blog for a few days.  There are plenty of those.  



                                             ENJOY A FEW....


WHO'S KISSING WHO?














GRANDMA G ARRIVES
IN VANCOUVER, WA









     OREGON COAST AT MISTY LOW TIDE

      The past 2 days have been "activity" quiet, but busy with computer and paperwork.  Tuesday I went for a 30 minute walk in the chilly sunshine since forecast was for the return of winter rain on Wednesday. 
    There were 9 ladies at water aerobics yesterday morning.  I didn't feel like going, but did.  While we were soaking in the hot tub one lady was telling another about a travel group she likes to go with.  Not that I was eavesdropping, but I didn't get the name of the group so I asked her about it and where to find info. She told me and then went on to tell about a trip to Egypt she took a few years back.  She flew there by herself and met up with a tour group.  She was 67 at the time.  Now at 75 she just travels domestically.  I want to be like her when I am of age.  Oops.  I am--almost--67 in February. 

      I have spent most of today and a lot of yesterday uploading pictures for a new family calendar.  That is a short sentence for a whole lot of time.  But time I have right now, though I have to figure out an income very soon.  I did discover that our family had a lot of fun times together this past year.  Yeah!

     I'm to the point of living out here that I need to develop a healthy daily routine that includes sleep,  exercise, prayer time, paperwork time, cook and clean up time, piano practice time, social time, and income time--it's like a one person boarding school.  I need to keep moving along, even at a slower pace--just don't sit in front of the TV and rot the brain and butt.   I find it is very important to get out among others.  It would be SO easy to isolate, but that isn't good.

      This has been  a good 2 "quiet activities" days in the life of Grandma G.   

      "But the noble man (or woman) makes noble plans and by noble deeds he (she) stands." 
 (Isaiah 32:8)

     








No comments:

Post a Comment