Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Perfect Timing/A Problem Solved (Maybe)

     This was my last day in Park Falls.  There were several friends I wanted to visit and I also needed to check stores to see if any CD's had sold.  After waking up a bit I mentally organized the day to determine how much could be accomplished.  (It is more difficult for me in cold weather.)
     There is a lady I know who was involved in a horrific car accident in July.  I really wanted to see her but wasn't sure how to work that out.  She nearly lost her life, was hospitalized several months and endured many surgeries.  Her mother had come up to me at the nursing home on Monday and we had talked awhile.  She told me Joanne was home and was able to get around.  Anyway, I had decided to check the pharmacy store to see if any of my CD's sold.  Joanne's son was working there so I talked with him a bit.  While I was looking at vitamins (and visiting with a few other folks) Joanne walked into the store!  We had a great conversation.  She said how she listens to my Healing Waters CD  and wants me to let her know when I have another out.  Right behind us was the display of  Oh, the Places I've Been.   She was happy to buy one from me, though I offered her one as a gift.  Joanne took piano lessons from me years back.  She said how she has to relearn everything; that  practicing the scales with both hands is a therapy  helping revamp her brain.  
    From there I went on to the post office.  I walked in and told the lady I have a problem.  She said, "I know".  (She didn't have to be that personal.)  Now you must remember Park Falls is a small town.  Anyway, I've mentioned in the past how I have been receiving LOTS of mail in Vancouver for Northwoods Furniture, located 214 2nd Ave. N.  I used to have a store, Northwoods Music and had mail forwarded to 214 6th Ave S.  Northwoods Furniture closed last May and has had it's mail forwarded.  Seems there IS a reasonable, logical explanation why I have been receiving their mail.  The "system" reads only the first 3 letters of the name and the first 3 digits of the address.  WA LA!  Nor 214  How many of those are you going to find in the world?  Or Park Falls?  Or the Northwoods?  Now I have this handy dandy white envelope to put all the Nor 214 mail and send it to their new address.  THE END?


        'Tis a way of life.....

 
Busy main road going into Park Falls 
 
 

     I had lunch with my dear friend, Barb.  We talked about a lot of things including her desire to come out to visit me and her son in Seattle. 
 

     A little shopping; back to Betty's for a rest; to the cafe to meet another dear friend for a brief visit; out to dinner with family; back to Betty's for an Upwords game. Whew.
     
 
 
 
 
Got a smile out of my bro, Nick!            Sandy and Nick.
                   (He suffers from Picks disease the past 7 years.)
 
 
        Tonight is my last night in Park Falls.  I have been blessed to visit with several friends.  Betty and I played 5 games of Upwords.  I bought a few Midwest Christmas decorations.  Ate a lot of hardy food.  Solved a "forward mail" dilemma (maybe).  Drove on snowy roads.  And SHIVERED in the COLD.   I cannot tell a lie.  I look forward to getting back to Pacific Northwest climate. 
 
 
        This had been a good "last visiting in PF" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
    "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."
(Philippians 2:4)
 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment