Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Time to Settle into a Routine.....





     After 7 months of transition it is TIME to find and settle into a routine.  I am not quite ready yet, but the bulk of the move is done.  Vancouver is my home now.  My current and last challenge is getting the studio set up and students active.  Most things will revolve around that. 
   (I came home from an outing in the fall and discovered I was wearing TWO watches.  Time went twice as fast that evening.)

 
  Didn't get a lot done today, but the dishes are washed.  I went for a 40 minute walk.  54 degrees.  Not bad.  A week ago I was enjoying -7.  Ouch. 

  Angie came over and we worked in the studio about an hour.  There is a lot I don't know what to do with.  Need more concentration on that. 

   We worked on the puzzle for a bit.  If we find 10 pieces a day we can finish in 90 days.  Maybe I should start a countdown gauge. 

   Don't have the picture dilemma figured out yet. 
                                                       
SCENES FROM AROUND.....




 
AUTUMN IN NORTHERN WISCONSIN
 
 
 
 
PACIFIC OCEAN VIEW IN CARLSBAD, CA 
 
 
RIVER IN GLACIER NATIONAL PARK
___________________________________________________________________

     Wednesday was a gray rainy day.  It reminded me of a Wisconsin rainy day in late April or May.
     Today was ladies' luncheon.  Thirteen of us went to Olive Garden.  It is more fun and enjoyable now that I am getting to know some of the ladies.  I am getting to know their personalities.  Also some of the challenges they are living with. 
     This afternoon I "worked" with my scanner/printer to run off some music.  Any new  "techie" stuff is difficult.  (Hence, no new photos uploaded to the blog.  I have some fun ones, though, for when the problem is resolved.)  I did get the copies I needed after a few frustrating attempts. 
     Later in the afternoon the gray sky turned a bit blue (a good blue).   I went for a 30 minute walk.  The air was refreshingly chilly.  That, followed by 40 minutes of stretches gave this grandma physique a good healthy workout. 
     Angie came over early evening.  She was impressed that I found 10 pieces to fit into the puzzle.  We hung out for a while and then both went to the church's Bible study for the first time.  She liked it and will go with me to a 16 weeks video series.  I am quite happy to have her come over often.  The house is too quiet after she leaves.
    No additional work on the studio today.  I guess some things one can't rush into. 
 
      
GEOLOU SCHMIDT CLAN 
MT. RUSHMORE    JUNE 2012
 
     This has been 2 good "settle into a routine" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
      "The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets."  (Psalm 50:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment