Monday, January 21, 2013

My First Invitation to lunch/Grandson B-day....

     I enjoyed my first invitation to someones home here in the park today.  A lady in our Bible study had a few of us over for a lunch of quiche, sweet bread, fruit salad and hot tea.  We ate and visited for almost 3 hours.  I had a great time of getting know a few ladies a little more closely.  
    Today was grandson, Jude's, 11th B-day
HAPPY 11TH B-DAY, JUDE!!

                                             I'm Jude!  I'm Jude!  I'm Jude!


              Enjoying the beach, cousins Austin, Jude and Ryan

                       In South Dakota with LOTS of cousins

On the way to Mt. Hood with Dad and Gemma (the white in the background)

Playing in the snow on Mt. Hood with Grandma G and Gemma
                       
     The weather  in Vancouver was cold for here, in the 20's.  Back in Park Falls,WI, they were enduring -14 for the high today and -18 now at night.  I pity them.  That is why I left before winter set in.  
After the luncheon the weather was refreshing for a walk of 1 &3/4 miles.  The sky was blue so I got glimpses of Mt. Hood.  That is always a thrill for me.  I want to keep walking when the weather is nice.  I have a goal of working up to walking 4 miles and then trying one of the senior hikes.  I can't quite do 2 miles yet.  Hopefully by September I will do the 4. 
     Later in the afternoon I worked more on uploading pictures for the family calendar.  It is time consuming because I want to linger over the fun photos of various outings we had throughout the past year.  
    An hour at the piano and then blogging finished up my day.  The "day" gets long sometimes when I am alone. Having several projects (that don't seem to get done) to do helps, but one also needs the self-discipline to keep moving everything along.  
    This has been a good "first invitation to lunch" day in the life of Grandma G.

    "There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."  (Proverbs 18:24)











     

No comments:

Post a Comment