Sunday, January 13, 2013

Frosty Weekend...

     I didn't think I would see it out here----frost.  I woke up Saturday and Sunday and thought I was back in Wisconsin.  Especially on Sunday when I went out to get in my car.  OOPS.  It needed to scraped off and warmed up.  There was even a short icicle  hanging from the exhaust pipe. The chilly weather is forecast to end on Tuesday when there will be sun and 50's for the next week.  Yeah!


    Otherwise I have had a quiet weekend.  Saturday I spent time playing piano, working on the computer, and other activities I've already forgotten.  Went for a short walk and discovered where Wisconsin robins winter---Washington.
  
    I also saw some ducks on a pond at the end of a driveway---
NOT my ducks or my driveway.  





      moss covered rock







    Later in the afternoon I put an artificial log in the fireplace and enjoyed its warmth for a few hours.  


 Sunday morning was mostly at church since there was a meeting I wanted to attend at 9 AM.
In the afternoon I cleaned up. (Yep, actually cleaned up my messy house--part of it.  I am feeling right at home now that I dwell in a messy house.)  Also "de-Christmassed" the living and dining rooms.  Stuck all the "stuff" in the garage to re-organize it someday.  (We all know how that goes.)  


    In the evening I took some time to find 8 pieces of the puzzle while watching a movie about 2 orphan kids traveling west (on horseback) to claim their inheritance in Oregon.  Interesting aspect of the movie is that it was filmed in Vancouver,Canada and Utah.  I kept picturing these kids going south to travel west.  Only in the movies.  
  

working a 1000 piece puzzle












    This has been two good frosty weekend days in the life of Grandma G

     "He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the snow like ashes."  (Psalm 147:17)




     






No comments:

Post a Comment