Sunday, February 3, 2013

Punxsutawney Phil

IT'S GROUNDHOG'S DAY!!

 Good ol' Punxsutawney Phil evidently saw his shadow this morning over east in Pennsylvania which means another 6 weeks of winter.  I don't think Punx is well known out here in the Pacific Northwest.  WE don't need to know if winter is lasting another 6 weeks.  Heck, today I didn't even think about winter since spring is all over.  I went for a 2 mile walk today, the weather was SO nice.


I have never noticed Mt. St. Helen's from my neighborhood before.  But there she was in all her flat top glory!



Mt. Hood was out in all her splendor as well. 





I came across this little guy.  Back in Wisconsin he would be a 
wormsicle.   

I am still so thrilled with the mild weather and all the greenery around here.  I feel like a kid in a candy shop (where all the candy is free).




         I normally don't like bare trees. but this one I think
         is very graceful and lovely.  If I ever need to be a
         bare tree, this is the one I want to be.
         (Just being poetic)















    Today was a monumental day for me (poetic again).  
I hung up my "Grandma G's" sign on my porch.  Tomorrow I have my first student coming.  I am very excited. I anticipate her being the first of many, many more.  I really miss interacting with the music students.  The studio isn't completely set up, but enough that one can see it is a music studio.


         I talked with my sister, Kate, in Indianapolis.  I tried NOT to brag about our nice weather here, since it is somewhat cold and snowy there.  But, hey, why not brag if you can.  Anyway, we discussed my plans for an Easter visit and later I booked my ticket to Indy for then.  It will be 15 months since I visited there last.  

     This has been a good Ground Hog's Day in the life of Grandma G.

     "I am the Lord, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself."  (Isaiah 44:24)

















No comments:

Post a Comment