Monday, February 4, 2013

A Week of Cups # 2.....


    Back on Oct. 10, 2012 I decided I would start telling the stories of my cups. 
 So I  did  "A Week of Cups"  Week One.  You can read the posts from Oct. 10 through Oct. 16.  Here is the intro:

                                                                      

      The truth be told.  It 's more like 8 weeks of cups. 

     When I was packing to move here to VC my sisters had me count how many cups I have.  At the moment they totaled 52---the cups, not my sisters.  Not on purpose, but by chance---the cups, not my sisters.  That's a different cup for each week of the year.  Since then I think I have counted a few more. 
       Each one has it's own story, though some are matching sets of 6 or 8.  Each is important, significant, nostalgic, comforting to me. 
       I decided as a change of focus to tell my story of 52+ cups.    One at a time.  Not all at one time.



                  WEEK OF CUPS #2    CUP #1
(National Parks)
       
                                                                     

August 17-20, 2012 four of us ladies enjoyed time in Glacier National Park in northern Montana.  I like this cup because it has a wonderful elk picture engraved for right handed folks to view 
                          AND 
a wonderful bear picture engraved for US left handed folks to view.  And on each side one is reminded where one is (or was).  
      (I am left handed and have a few opinions on how the worlds treats/mistreats us lefties.)
  The inside of this cup has a handsome dark blue color glazed into it.   






  Glacier National Park was the first main goal on 
   THE GREAT 3 SENIOR SISTERS 
   CROSS COUNTRY ROAD TRIP 
                                                              
  Katie, Betsy and Grandma G (me) drove from Park Falls, WI to Grand Falls, MT to meet up with our niece, Vicki, to continue our journey here to Vancouver, WA. 







        
 SCENES FROM GLACIER NATIONAL PARK


PICKING UP VICKI FROM THE AIRPORT

 GEORGIA, KATE, BETSY, VICKI
 IS THERE ROOM FOR ME?




BEAR!!



                               




 


                           THE GREAT DIVIDE
 LAKE MCDONALD
                                            RED BUS EXCURSION ON
                        "GOING TO THE SUN" ROAD  




VICKI CAME ALONG TO
                HIKE
"YODEL-LAY--EE--O.  
             YODEL-LAY-EE-O" 
                      ST. MARY'S LAKE, GOOSE ISLAND 
                          AND THREE BEAUTIES





ONE OF MANY 
GORGEOUS VIEWS








      _________________________________________

       I thought right about now is a good time to do another week of cups before more B-days and Valentine's Day come along. 
       I was actually totally tired out today.  Must have been the busy senior weekend.  Can't handle so much any more.  Took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  Felt GOOD.
        I did practice an hour at the piano.  More and more of my songs are coming back to me. If I hope to perform them I need to be able to play them.  
         My son, Chuck, from Milwaukee, WI called about 8:15 PM my time, 10:15 his time.  He said he had gone to bed and couldn't sleep so decided to call me.  As we talked for a few minutes, he started yawning and said now he is tired.  I won't take that personally.  It is always good to hear from any of my 7 kids.   
         
      This has been a good "totally tired out" day in the life of Grandma G.

       "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns'."  (Isaiah 52:7

No comments:

Post a Comment