Sunday, February 10, 2013

WEEK OF CUPS #2 CUP #7/NOSTALGIC....

NATIONAL PARKS
YELLOWSTONE!!
     This cup I bought in Yellowstone National Park 7 years ago when most of our family gathered there.  This cup is different in that it is metal---a camping cup.  One does need to hold it in one's right hand to see the scene and where one is or was.   

      The memories this cup call to mind are nostalgic.  They give me fond recollections of the exciting time of celebrating Lou and my 40th wedding anniversary.  Five of our seven children were there and most of their families.  The logo on our T-shirts read, "To the 40th and beyond".







     Unfortunately the "beyond" has brought sad situations and changes to our family.  Lou and I are recently divorced as are 3 of our children.  Lou and I remain friendly to each other and recognize the contributions each has made in rearing our family.  That is a good "beyond".  The dissolution to the kids' marriages is sad, but also brings growth and eventual renewal.  There is still much good "beyond" to anticipate.  And we have added 4 grandchildren since then.    

PHOTOS FROM YELLOWSTONE.....
MAY 14, 2006





































         I produced a CD in honor of this occasion. 
 HEALING WATERS  

      It features 9 original compositions for our 7 children and one for Louie and me.  It is available through cdbaby.com.    

        This has been a good "nostalgic" day in the life of Grandma G.

    " 'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'.  Then you will call upon me and come to pray to me, and I will listen to you."  (Jeremiah 29:11 & 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment