Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's On to San Diego!

     Hello Again!  Sorry I haven't blogged for a few days.  My B-day party must have tired me out.  Actually there wasn't much going on except for resting  up and then packing to travel to.....SAN DIEGO!!
 NOT A TYPICAL LATE FEBRUARY SCENE IN WISCONSIN





     Tuesday was a little more active day.  We ladies soaked and visited in the hot tub after water aerobics.  That is getting to be our socializing time.  I became acqainted with a lady who is newer than me here at Creekside.  She moved in a week after I did.  Sadly, though, her husband had a stroke 2 weeks ago.  He is still in the hospital.  
     In the evening I drove over to Deb's to dry my laundry.  One of these days  I'll remember early in the week that the dryer is broke and then do something to get it fixed. 
     One would think that after many, many times packing to travel all that packing would get easier.  It doesn't for me.  I have to think harder and harder on what to take.  And what needs to be done in the house before I leave. 
__________________________________________________________
                     IT'S TRAVEL TIME, SWEETIE!

 TAKING GRANDMA G TO THE AIRPORT
  (ANGIE)
























LUNCH AT RED ROBIN.   YUM.


 

THIS ISN'T WISCONSIN......

 
                                                              A PEEK AT LA

      Question?  What does LAX  NOT have??????       FREE WIFI.  One would think that an airport of that size and importance would have free WIFI, wouldn't one?  The information guy said they "are working on it".
       I had an inspiring encounter on the plane from Portland to LA.  Actually I eve's dropped on an inspiring encounter in the seat in front of me.  There was a lady of 94 years old traveling by herself and talking enthusiastically to the fellow next to her.  She is a hero and example to me.  Some year I am going to be 94 years old, traveling alone and talking enthusiastically to the fellow sitting next to me.
      Had a strange experience upon arriving in Carlsbad, CA.  After landing and deplaning I got a cab to take me to Gerry's empty house.  Gerry is in New York and the kids are with Gretta at her house.  I am sitting alone here until Gerry returns tomorrow and he picks up the kids from school.  Then it will be 3 days of hanging out together!  Yeah!

    This has been a good 3 "I'm going to San Diego" days in the life of Grandma G

    "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  Your rightousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep."  (Psalms 36: 5 & 6)









No comments:

Post a Comment