Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Week of Cups #2 Cup #2

 NATIONAL PARK
BLACK HILLS, SOUTH  DAKOTA





 I bought this cup in June, 2012 when most of our family met together for a few days in South Dakota near Mt. Rushmore. (We try to meet as a family--31--every 2 or 3 years.)  I like the tall graceful shape.  Both righties and lefties can enjoy the bear painting.  Even inside the cup one can watch the bear and it's footprints---if one is LEFTHANDED.  Score one for us lefties.  When I drink from this cup I remember the wonderful family time we had in South Dakota.





                         GEOLOU SCHMIDTS FAMILY TOGETHER


                                                AND NEXT GENERATION


                         DEB AND MOM 
ON THE PLATFORM AT MT. RUSHMORE DURING CEREMONY HONORING MILITARY PERSONNEL---8 MEMBERS OF OUR FAMILY HAVE SERVED--2 STILL ARE--(1 MEMBER COULDN'T BE THERE)

"WELL, GENTLEMEN, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THOSE SCHMIDTS?"
"WE THINK THEY ARE A VERY HONORABLE, PATRIOTIC FAMILY, TEDDY!"





TATONKA!!





BURROW KISS.....




DOUBLE KISSES....


         CAVING




PANNING
FOR GEMS


CRAZY HORSE
                                                  BEAUTIFUL  BAD  LANDS
_____________________________________________________________

     I got back to water aerobics after missing the past 10 days.  I was tempted not to go.  While soaking in the hot tub afterwards I asked the other 3 ladies which exercise of the several is their favorite.  One lady said that was the wrong adjective.  One has a favorite ice cream, a favorite movie, a favorite restaurant, but NOT a favorite exercise.  OK, which one do you like best?  I said my favorite was the "boxing" one--one can punch away at all her frustrations; second favorite is "play the piano".  Now that I can identify with.  So then the first lady said she did like making #8's with her arms.  It makes her feel graceful and like a ballerina.  A second lady said she liked the jumping jacks, otherwise she could never do them.  The third, a little more elderly lady said she was glad to come and do what she can.   It was a fun way to engage my new friends in conversation.  
    I feel like I am starting to develop some roots for belonging here in Vancouver.  Moving in new I felt (and still feel a little) "uprooted", not settled or thriving. But now I feel like roots are stretching out and taking hold.  




 I glanced outside late this morning and saw this Pacific Northwest rainbow.  The purple on the left was very vibrant, though it doesn't show here.

     This has been a good "getting rooted' day in the life of Grandma G

    "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth."
(Genesis 9:13)

     










No comments:

Post a Comment