Friday, February 8, 2013

WEEK OF CUPS #2 CUP #5/ BIG PROJECT DONE

NATIONAL PARKS
DENALI NATIONAL PARK, ALASKA








     
     I didn't buy this cup in Alaska.  I bought it at the local thrift shop in Park Falls a couple years ago.  I paid 35 cents for it.  It is a large size cup with this appealing painting of polar bears to be seen whether one is a lefty or righty.  
         Louie and I visited Alaska twice.  The first time we flew into Anchorage and then took a train to Seward for a few days.  We explored Exit Glacier and had a one day cruise to see others.  (I don't have those pictures available.)  I do remember we changed planes in Seattle about 1AM.  Couldn't do that now.  
       Our second trip about 8 years ago we took the train to Denali National Park.  Of the 5 days there only one day did it rain.  We had beautiful views of Mt. McKinley.  Denali, the Great One. 

ALASKA PICTURES    

         GRISLY!



GEO AND LOU 
     DENALI

HAPPY GRANDMOOSE




PANNING FOR GOLD
(I HAVE A FEW NUGGETS
SOMEWHERE)




ALASKA RAILROAD


  MT. McKINLEY 
    --DENALI--
  THE GREAT ONE
  
 MAMMOTH TUSK AT 
 ANCHORAGE MUSEUM



            MOOSE

GEO AND LOU
                                           GLACIAL RIVER
__________________________________________________________________

       I completed a huge project today.   Prepared 17 calendars, 18 & 8 Valentines, 7 belated Birthday cards.
     Nice part was that all the cards could be included in the large envelopes.  Valentine's Day is my new New year's date for the GeoLou calendar year.  Get use to it!
   Earlier today when I went to Bi-Mart to buy the large envelopes I met up with a lady from my community.  This is my second encounter with someone I KNOW. FUN.  I am starting to belong.




   OOPS!  MOMENT
                                                                    
                      THOUGHT IT WAS A HARD BOILED EGG
                    CRACKED IT FOR MY BREAKFAST
                     HAD SCRAMBLED EGG INSTEAD    
      Today Lou, Al and Burt flew from Wisconsin out to San Diego to spend a guys' weekend with Gerry & Bill (SD locals) and nephew Zach from Vancouver,WA.  Lou took a "bump" in Minneapolis for a later flight; got an extra take off and landing and $400 Delta flying money.  THAT makes me jealous. 
       I spent the evening blogging, listening to a new song I want to play and sing at a church service soon.  

      This has been a good "complete a huge project" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Many nations will say, 'Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob.  He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths'."  (Micah 4:2)
     













No comments:

Post a Comment