Saturday, February 23, 2013

6 Month Anniversary.....









 Today was the 6 month anniversary of my arrival here in Vancouver, WA.   This has been a good 6 months with getting settled in (almost), getting to know a few people, enjoying the milder winter weather, learning how to live as a single, senior lady.  I look forward to the next 6 months. 







  















       


 This morning after water aerobics while we ladies were soaking in the hot tub one lady talked about her daughter who is in the hospital being treated for cancer.  I was sad to hear the news, but glad to be considered friend enough to start talking about more personal matters.  I am eager to get to know folks more so that I can enter into their personal lives.

Grandma Silver-foil Fingers.....
     I went to get my nails re-polished at the salon this afternoon.  This procedure to remove the old polish reminded me of the old movie, Edward Scissorhands.  My nails are now a shiny pink.  

     This has been a good 6 month anniversary day in the life of Grandma G.

     "The Lord said to Abram, 'Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to a land I will show you...I will bless you... and you will be a blessing'."  (Genesis 12: 1&2)        






No comments:

Post a Comment