Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An Enjoyable Day!

    Today passed quite quickly.  This morning was mostly working on the computer. Actually, quite literally.  My laptop keeps disconnecting from WIFI and I don't know why.  Guru Chuck called just as I was about to call him.  He put me back in line, I mean on line.
     At the music store this afternoon I spent time playing piano.  Jamie came in to put new strings on a guitar.  I cleaned up a used wooden clarinet to put out for sale.  I had 4 lessons and it was time to go home--in the daylight!
    There was an odd telephone event when I first arrived at the store.  The answer machine was showing one call so I pressed the button.  There was no speaking, but about a 30 second noise like traffic passing. I was starting to delete the message as the phone rang.  I thought it was connected to the message.  It was a lady I knew.  I pressed the answer machine again to listen to the message--just traffic noise.  As I press the button to delete the message the phone rang again.  A completely unrelated call.  Just was an odd phone event.
Mount Hood and the Columbia River
    A dad of a student asked me, as he was dropping off his son, "So, what are we going to do after May?"  OH.  "Have you heard rumors," I asked?  Someone at the store told him I was moving out west.  "Portland," he inquired?  "Can't blame you" was his response.  I guess it is time to officially go public with my plans.  It is still psychologically difficult for me to own up to my decision to "retire" and move away.  I am in denial that it is actually suppose to happen this summer.  Notice, the "suppose to happen".   Do I sound indecisive?  It is plain scary.  I am working on making it adventuresome instead.  Hasn't worked yet.  I feel regretful to "abandon" my students. I do enjoy being at the store.  But I hear the call of green grass and distant mountain peaks.


IT'S COMING, FOLKS, THE HIGHLIGHT OF FEBRUARY!   IN 2, YES, 2 DAYS!

This was a good "changing seasons" day in the life of Grandma G.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
(Ecclesiastes 3:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment