Sunday, February 5, 2012

Travel day.....

What I woke up to Sunday 2/5/12

    It's 4:30 PM CST.  I am sitting at Starbucks in Chicago O'Hara airport.  I am poised on a high metal chair, sipping a frothy chi latte, listening to funky jazz music blaring from somewhere, looking like I am absorbed in cyberspace.  In reality my laptop is plugged in to charge and I am typing on a word processor program.  I couldn't figure out how to connect to WIFI and rather than admit this and ask for help I am sitting here looking cool.  Later I will try to paste this into my blog.
    
  Now is later!  Did she or didn't she figure out how to paste the above paragraph into her blog?  Only she knows and she isn't telling.

     My seat assignment on the plane was the 2nd to the last seat.  I had the aisle.  The lady squeezed into the middle seat gave me that "really?" look---nicely, though.  Once the plane was airborne and it was obvious no other passengers were boarding I asked the flight attendant if I could move to the back seat.  As I was preparing to move the nice lady shyly muttered, "Then I'll move over and have more room".  We gave each other a friendly smile.  I was content back there until she leaned her seat back and got my laptop stuck in the dinner tray.

    I have been trying to get closer to the front seats when I fly.  In this occasion, however, having the very last seat was very suitable.  Seems the frothy chi latte enjoyed in Chicago turned frothy in my digestive track--if you know what I mean.  Several trips to the little room weren't as noticeable as they would have been if I had to walk the aisle each time.

     I had a great 3 hours programming a musical presentation  of  pictures I took  in the morning when I drove south from Park Falls.  The weather conditions had covered everything with a 1/2 inch of frost.  The scenery was incredible.  For over 30 miles I was immersed in an ice crystal world.  Everywhere I looked was a beautiful portrait.  Here are a few glances for you to enjoy.  Enjoy!


View along Hwy 13 in N. Wisconsin





   


This has  been a good travel day in the life of Grandma G.

  "O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth."  (Psalm 7:9)





No comments:

Post a Comment