Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WHOA, DUDES.....!!!!!

WHOA, DUDES......
Leap'en Lizards.....
Storm of the Winter....
A Day OFF from WORK....
No School.....
The Day Park Falls Shut Down.....
Demise of Trusty Plastic Garage....
How Will PCH Get My Large Check to me.....
What to Do on a Snowed In Day....                Pick Your Title!!!!  (You can pick your friends...
                                                                                              You can pick your nose...
                                                                                              You can't pick your friend's nose...
                                                                                              Well, you shouldn't)                    


                                                                                    Cabin fever set in 10:30AM CST


Pictorial story of current weather outside my house at 10AM......enjoy......


back porch window from inside


demise of trusty plastic garage.....




Indianapolis 2/29/12   NOT FAIR
                                                                                  
       Park Falls is shut down.  They don't want anyone on the roads. (Like I can get out of my house...or into my car.)  Already an ambulance has gone by and the fire siren has gone off within 15 minutes of each other.

    I'm suppose to win the PCH BIG WIN.  Hope they can get to me!!

   Rest of the day?  Check back tonight to see how this Leap Day leaps along......
If this weren't 2/29----a day that shouldn't be---would this storm have happened?     Ponder

  "One way ticket to Vancouver, WA, please."          





Now where is my porch and steps?


   Oh, there's a little of it!


pathway for the mail person


             22 inch sides


 digging out faithful little car
proud helper with his equipment














     Now for the rest of the story.    I figured I better shovel the front steps for the mail lady and in case I had to get out for something.  I started shoveling very lightly; decided to close the door.  OOPS
Locked it.   Back door locked.  No key   No phone  Deep snow   Deep trouble   
      I walked over to the soda factory where a fellow was snowblowing.  He said to keep pressing the button until the light turned green and then hurry on in.  Someone found a key and walked back with me.  He said he drove in from Phillips this morning with a 4 wheel drive he borrowed from a friend who is gone to a convention----in Indianapolis.  The Place to be today!
      The official measurement of new snow was 17 inches.  I am glad winter is on the way out. 
Folks claim, though, that most of our snow in the past has come in March.

'God is our refuge and strength; an ever present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment