Monday, February 27, 2012

A MIXED BAG....

    Today was a "mixed bag".  I  spent too much time this morning trying to reconcile a confusing credit card/computer glitch.  Sometime technology is marvelous, other times it is a royal pain.
    I received a confirmation from a studio 2 1/2 hour drive from here that I can stop next Tuesday on my way to Milwaukee so he can "mix" my new CD.  Exciting!
    Also bought a one way ticket from Milwaukee to Vancouver, WA for Sissy's high school graduation in mid June.  At that time I need to find a house to rent.  I will travel with the Millers to South Dakota and then on back to Milwaukee with Angie or Chuck and drive back up to PF.  Whew!  Tiring, but FUN.
    I spent a little time this afternoon calling about rentals for our South Dakota family get together.  Planning and scheduling is always the biggest hurdle.
    One young drum student came in the store with his mom.  They promptly went over to a snare drum set, picked it up and bought it.  Just the way I like it.


    When I got home I was elated to see the copyright for Grandma G's Bag of Surprises finally arrived!  I applied for it and one other in Sept.  One came before Christmas, but not this one. The check had been cashed 6-8 weeks ago.  I was starting to think someone had stolen the check and was able to cash it. Now I can get on with production!  Yeah.
   
RUMORS MUST BE TRUE!

   It's actually a little exciting....as long as I can be tucked in cozy at home.  There will be a sign on the store window tomorrow night, "Closed on Wed if weather is bad".  "Winter storm WATCH" is no longer in effect because it is now a "winter storm WARNING".  The local school kids are thrilled in anticipation of a "snow day".  They haven't had any yet and 3 are built into the yearly schdule.  Thurs, Fri and Monday are spring (?), winter(?) break.

      (It must have been a long day when you realize your slippers are on the wrong feet.  Not someone else's feet, but wrongly located on one's own feet.  I thought they felt a little strange, but figured my socks were bunched up. Such problems.)

This has been a good "let's get on with it" day in the life of  Grandma G.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God." (Phillipians 4:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment