Friday, February 24, 2012

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

THE HIGHLIGHT OF FEBRUARY.....
still looking good!
    
     To start with I took a shower in my Birthday suit.  I do that every year on my Birthday.  Angie was the first to call and wish me Happy B-day.  It was NOT a Skype moment since I was still wet in my B-day suit. (Gosh, I think I showed up in this world the same way.)  Didn't want to miss any B-day calls!


     To celebrate I went for a perm.  That is always an enjoyable time for me.  Mary and I chat about many things, but mostly about my recent or upcoming trips.  While my perm was setting I "happened"  to hear Mary talking to a younger man getting a haircut.  He was saying that he just lost his job here in town but that he is heading to North Dakota to work on the oil rigs.  They say it is the new gold rush.  I didn't know they were drilling for oil in North Dakota.  It's exciting to know something like that is happening in the north Midwest.


There were big fluffy snow flakes falling.  B-day snow is always special, even if one is not fond of it anymore.

I met Jeff at the music store.  He had the master for my new CD so I can contact Richie and get going on production. Yeah!  He remembered to wish me Happy B-day.

I had an extra surprise.  My brother, Fred, brought me a package of Jelly donuts.  That might not seem a BIGGIE, but it was a BIGGIE because he's not in the habit of giving me things.  I thought it was kind of him.

Grandma G in her younger, innocent years
Kate, Fred, Pete, John, Georgia at St. Vincent's orphanage in southern Indiana
I actually kept forgetting it was my B-day.  Must be the age.  Upside down I am 99.   I hope to live another 33 years so upside down I can be 66 again.
I was born close to George Washington's Birthday, so mom named me Georgia.  My dad opted to call me Alabama.



     Lou, Al, Deanna, Autumn, Eddy and I had dinner together in the evening.  Lou gave me a nice card and a small heart shaped box of candy.   


                            inflation or deflation?


Thanks to everyone for cards, calls, FB greetings! 

nice perm!








This was a good 66th B-day in the life of Grandma G.



"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."  (Psalm 139:13,14,16)






No comments:

Post a Comment