Saturday, February 25, 2012

IT"S ALL ABOUT THE WWW.

     It is a sun-shinny day!  Which means its a bit chilly out---low 20s.  I'm a little bummed today.  I have been talking to Burt about driving me across the Lake Superior Ice Road.  It is on my "want to accomplish" list before moving from Wisconsin.  There was a possibility of doing that today, but with the "warmer" weather here up north the ice road condition has been questionable.  The road report is showing "cars and light trucks only".  Anyway I guess I opted for not planning it today. (Bummer)  I am, however, going to call Burt and see if this dream ride can be taken next Saturday. 

     I had a brilliant discovery this morning.  After checking through some www.s  like the "weather", "Lake Superior Ice Road", "San Diego Zoo", etc I realized they are merely BLOGS that know what they are doing!  I can scroll down through them and say (silently) "I know how they do that".  Computer pro, Chuck, will be SO proud of me when he discovers my discovery!  Someday I will be a BLOG that knows what she is doing.  Do Blogs REALLY have more fun?
     For now, though, this is all a learning experience. (A learning experience is anything that goes wrong, costs too much money, takes way too long to do, causes one to cuss.)  Last evening I searched for over 2 hours to find the picture of young Grandma G.  I KNEW it was somewhere on file; but where and how to get it.  It probably doesn't help to have  thousands of unorganized pictures on one's hard drive and web galleries. (I sound cyber smart already.) Officially, this is online education.

    I ran across something else while trying to find that picture--mug shots of 2,189 unnamed faces in 288 groups!  Weird. (No idea of what a "group" is.)  Most of the faces were familiar, 8 I didn't know (somehow they resemble bikers on the Santa Rampage in Milwaukee), one was a statue face, one was painted picture face,  two were the before and after face lift lady and one was the smiling sun face of my wall plaque.    REMEMBER!   I have YOUR mug shot.

     Early afternoon I called and talked with Burt about trying for the ice road next Sat., closing down the store, the family get together in South Dakota in late June, what he thought of a 3 senior sister cross country road trip ( "absolutely"), and how I am going to move my "stuff".  Other than that this has been a "loner" Saturday.

    Which means I didn't get much done other than puttering. I did get laundry done, washed my cozy flannel sheets and typed out the words to my new song.  Now I won't have to think so hard to remember them.  And.... I did walk a 25 minute 1.25 mile on the treadmill and stretched 1/2 hour afterwards.  All the while dreaming of  the green grass of VC. 

This has been a good "plan ahead" day in the life of Grandma G.

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles."
(Isaiah 40:31)



No comments:

Post a Comment