Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ground Hog's Day!!

     Winter is almost over.  Mr. Gary Groundhog here in Park Falls did NOT see his shadow today!
a Wisconsin welcome mat
Got sun?
If you believe that--that winter is almost over in PF--then I have this fabulous 10 acres in the local swamp to sell you.
Winter will continue here for another 8 weeks and then the spring snow sets in.
        I did have an exciting Ground Hog's Day.  I glanced out my kitchen window and saw a  little creature peeking out from under the snow---and something  that looked like a rabbit nearby. I ventured out, but didn't want to scare them away.  As I got closer I saw that it was Gary Groundhog out for a winter's peek and a breath of fresh air.  It certainly was too gray to see his shadow!   Upon closer look I realized the lump behind Gary wasn't a rabbit, but his old friend, Mini Moose.  Now you might not recognize Gary.  He was in disguise because he didn't want Mini to know he was out and about.  He doesn't always like to play with her.  The end.



      I called my sister who lives in Nashville who sent me a card earlier this week to inform me that I am one of 50 people who are guaranteed a prize from PCH.  I figured if I am going to become a millionaire soon I can afford to call her.  We had a nice chat and I told her I enjoyed the Christmas visit I had with her when I was in Indianapolis and that the apple butter was/is really yummy.  Truth is, she lives in Nashville, Indiana, not the other one.

     I had more excitement after work.  I could hardly wait (really) until 5PM  so I could rush down to our grocery and cash in on my 2 boxes of Stove Top.  I was in for a big surprise--the regular cost is now $2.09.  That means a savings of $6.60.   I might just find 1 more coupon, spend an additional $10 and buy a total of 8 boxes instead of 6.

     One more bit of excitement today.  I observed this morning that 3 people "liked" my post from yesterday.  Yeah!   With the help of Chuck, I sent out 28 invites and blog link to my family this evening. This is the real excitement--getting interactive with folks through cyberspace!

     This has been a good "exciting Ground Hog's Day" in the life of Grandma G.

    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."
      (Proverbs 17:22)


No comments:

Post a Comment