Monday, February 20, 2012

HAPPPY B-DAY, DEB!!



    Today is the Birthday of my oldest child, Debbie.  She was and is "Super Debbie" to her Dad.  Deb started being active about 4&1/2  months in my womb and hasn't stopped yet.
     Debbie was born in Milwaukee. When she was 2 weeks old Lou's family home in Park Falls burned.  We moved back to PF in May.

    When she and Gerry (younger brother) were about 7 and 6 they would have contests to see who could put puzzles together the fastest.  On one occasion Grandma Rose was helping Gerry on one end of the table and Deb on the other end.  Every now and then Deb would glance over and looking upside down (SHE wasn't "looking" upside down--she was looking at the puzzle upside down.) would point out where one of Gerry's pieces should go.
Zach, Deb, Keys, Mick,Angie, Jake  Oct. 2011
B-day dinners in Portland, 2/11/12
                                                       
Burt, Al, Lou, Chuck, Deb, Geo, Angie
tail gate party at Brewers' stadium July, 2011 









  A favorite picture of Deb's                    
                                                                  
Three heads and three butts
     I celebrated Deb's B-day in the morning by stretching 1/2 hour, eating potato salad for breakfast and calling her to sing "Happy B-Day" to her voice mail before running off to the optical office to get  new frames for my glasses. They just broke.
     The lady at the optical super glued the broken frame piece but said it wouldn't last.  I need to stop in soon to pick out a new frame.
       The rest of the day was very interactive.  I stopped at Subway for a $5 foot long sub.  The lady who runs the shop would always call me by name, but I didn't know who she was.  Last week she said to me, "You don't know who I am, do you?"  Obvious?  She told me her name and said we chummed around together ( with a few other girls) in school at St. Anthony's----a mere 55 years ago.  Today I asked her if she knew how many other classmates live in the area.  I think it would be fun to have a reunion before I move this summer.
     The sales rep from a music center that I work with for band instruments stopped in this afternoon.  I told him I am wanting to close up the store and asked if they might buy some of my inventory. He indicated that they would, but to sell what I can before because they couldn't give me my full purchase price.  This is a step forward and something to consider.
     I worked on my new song until my brain was not retaining anything.  It's about 90% done.  (The song, not my brain.)  It's fun to have new verses of songs running through my head throughout the day.  "I gotta keep keeping on; I gotta get up and go."  That's the hard part. (Oops, sounds more like a bathroom problem than a song.)

This had been a good Super Debbie's B-day in the life of Grandma G.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.  Her children arise and call her blessed." (Proverbs 31: 25 & 28)


    

No comments:

Post a Comment