Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

     Today was Valentine's Day.  I had breakfast with my oldest valentine. He brought me a 2 foot high Valentine card.
    The ironic part is that this is our first interaction since I filed for divorce last week. We had a pleasant visit.  It seems not right to be blogging about this, but the Blog IS "A Day in the Life of Grandma G".  This is a significant event in my life--one not taken lightly.  It will be good that Lou and I can be cordial and share in the lives of our family.
    I am very tired today because I stayed up until 1:30AM--blogging.  I figured I am a grown up lady and can stay up as long as I want.  Not so smart come 7:15AM.  I know a few folks who claim they are fine on 6 hours of sleep a night.  NOT ME.  I need 8 full hours.  Didn't get that last night.
     The afternoon at the store was quiet.  A fellow from Glidden, a town north of here, came in for strings.  He has been in often and I should know his name, but I don't.  We chatted about Wally L.  This customer has bought several used guitars from Wally. (Wally is a town "character", intellectually and musically challenged, but loves country music and plays "country" on his guitar--to the dismay of folks around him.)
     I had time to get back to practicing my original pieces on the piano.  I forget parts of them when I haven't played for  awhile.  I hope to find a way to publish sheet music of my songs when I get settled out in VC.
     I have the start of a new song!  It is always exciting  when a new "snippet" comes.  I have been feeling challenged by situations lately.  This "snippet" is about "Keep on Keeping On".  It should be a fun song as long as I keep on keeping on and finish it!
    I am still trying to contact my recording guy to get my new CD published.  He is not responding to me.  I need to buck up and get things rolling.  I really want to have it available to people in the next few months. 
     I had 4 lessons today.  A large portion of my day was worrying about how to teach a 4 year old guitar student.  Why should a 15 minute lesson with a young'un disturb me so much?  Cause I don't know what to do with her?  Turns out she didn't come.  (Little kids are SO dependent on their parents' co-operation.)   During the other lessons my mind was on--going home.  One young student, who plays quite well, had his mind on a Zombie movie he saw recently.  He would be playing a song, stop abruptly and make a comment.  It was difficult to determine if he was alluding to the song or the movie.  Fun.
A 4th grade girl gave me a valentine and small bag of mints.  Nice.

This has been a good Valentine's Day in the life of Grandma G.

"I am convinced that neither death not life.....neither the present nor the future....nor anything else in all creation,will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
(Romans 8:38-39)

No comments:

Post a Comment