Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lots of Fun Surprises!

     I had a lot of "out and about" things to do today.  The sun came out just as I was getting about. Yeah! The first task was renewing my driver's license.  They let you do that here in Wisconsin every 8 years.  That's so if you didn't like your last photo you can get it retaken.

    I also needed to stop back at the optical office to pick out new frames.  SO many to choose from!

scholarly?
sophisticated alien?




Area 51 alien?
classy?
  While you choose for me I will be off to the local discount store to take advantage of the 10% senior discount EVERY Thurs. While I was engrossed in picking out a green leprechaun hat I heard familiar voices behind me.  I was relieved to see there were people to go  with the voices. My grandson had just stumbled (literally) in with his dad, my son.  While Eddy was picking himself up off the floor Al complimented me on the choice of green hats. (There were one choices to make.)


     Eddy had been a patient boy while they were doing some work at Grandma Rosie's house so Papa Lou gave him $5 to spend.  Is there anything else in this world other than HOT RODS?

   Who would have thought that after several unsuccessful calls to my trusty recording studio man, he was also at the discount store the very same time I was?  Was he there for the senior citizen 10% discount?  Not honestly because he is not old enough.  Was he there to see me?  Not intentionally because he didn't know I was going to be there at the very same time he was.  Was he there to buy equipment for his recording studio?  He says he wasn't. What was he doing in the toy department looking at toy drum machines?  He claims he was buying a toy for his nephew.  All I know is that his recording equipment needs repairs.  That all I know.
     We did have a nice business chat and he is setting me up.  I think that means he is setting me up with a fellow recording studio.  I am suppose to meet him at my store in the morning.
     The afternoon at the store was quiet.  I finished the words to my new song.  I kept on "keeping on".
     There was a mystery I still haven't solved. Seems my dandruff has turned to glitter.  Really.  I was sitting on the couch at the store and I noticed the back of my right hand was sparkling.  Then I noticed a little on my left hand.  Hmm.  A little later I was scratching my head and this stuff starts floating down onto my corduroys.  I purposely scratch some more and more sparkly stuff comes floating down.  The more I scratched my head the more sparkly stuff came floating down. 
     I was telling this to my granddaughter, Autumn, when she came for her lesson.  She said I have glitter on my nose.  I asked her if it looked weird and she said yes. 
(Actually it is now 11PM and I think I just solved the mystery.  You remember that green leprechaun hat I was looking at? When I heard the voices behind me?   I had the hat ON my head at that moment.  It was not only green, but sparkly.)  Darn leprechauns.

     There were other fun surprises for the day, but I will save them for some other time.

     IT'S COMING, FOLKS, THE HIGHLIGHT OF FEBRUARY.  ONE, YES, ONE DAY LEFT!!

     On a serious note, there is one young fellow I have been thinking about and praying for all day.  Diego, 14, had brain surgery in Milwaukee today.  He was born with a disease that causes tumors to grow throughout his body.  At birth the doctors told his mom to take the baby home; he would only live a few months. The whole family has been heroic in managing this challenge. Diego took piano and guitar lessons form me while he was able. He has been confined to a wheel chair most of the past year.  They are hoping this surgery will enable him to get on his legs and regain some strength.  He is a hero to me.

    This has been a "lots of fun surprises" day in the life of Grandma G.

   "May the God of  hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him."  (Romans 15:13)  






No comments:

Post a Comment