Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oh, the Men in My Life.....







 A WEE BIT of prettiness to start off merry March!

Sure hope those leprechauns can
snowshoe and ski.

















   

      My day started off a wee wobbly---sort of out of sorts---lots of annoying thoughts annoying me.
But a strong cup of English tea, a 1.25 mile walk on the treadmill in my jammies and good hot shower lightened up my spirit.

     The afternoon at the music store was socially entertaining.  Wally K. stopped in to buy a book of Irish music.  He stayed to chat and pick out a couple other small items.  He is 80 years old.  He started piano lessons about 6 years ago and hasn't stopped playing.  He'll be at his grand piano for 4-6 hours a day.  He plays for 2 different restaurants on the weekends. He also wants a book of Mexican music so he can play that on taco night. OLE!


     A little later a gentleman came in to rent a clarinet for his wife.  I remember her being in to buy reeds.  We got to talking about the snowstorm.  He mentioned that he has a plowing service and they are still busy today.  But he didn't do any plowing.  He had  5 by-passes done a month ago.  He said it was done by a doctor who does open heart surgery on a beating heart.  This fellow was up and walking around the next day and home shortly after.  He was looking well to me.  He went on to say that a nurse (who is like a daughter to him) who works in a heart cath lab at a different hospital in Wausau stopped to see him.  He gave the name.  Turns out she was my nurse for both the procedures I had done these past 18 months.  Small world, even here in the north woods.  

     I was engrossed in "studio time", practicing new songs when a well rounded fellow wearing an orange heavy vest came in.  "So you're going to hang it up, hey?"  I told him the end of May.  He mentioned Wally L. and thought one of his used guitars was in the store.  I said "no".  This fellow said Wally was at a B-day party with him.  Wally was playing his guitar and singing.  He told Wally to go home and practice a whole lot more.
     I asked this gentleman his name.  He said George, so I told him I am Georgia and shook his hand.  He wants to buy some instruments for his kids.  I told him to stop back in early April when things start going on sale.

    A leprechaun story for you.  There is a delightful young student who will abruptly stop playing his song and start telling me about most anything.  I don't remember the connection, but he abruptly stopped playing and said how he will for sure catch a leprechaun this year, because he is going to line a box with duct tape and when the leprechaun comes in his feet will stick to the tape. He's also going to put a trap door in it to make doubly sure he can't get out.  He made a box last year with a little bed in it.  One night the little fellow was there and left some glitter behind.

    Oh, the men in my life!!

    I was home early enough to watch an episode of Star Trek---one I hadn't seen before. Yeah!

   I searched the internet a bit  for VC housing.  I may have a lead, but we'll see.  

   Forecast is for more snow the next 2 days, but not as much.  Next week this time Angie, her 2 boys and I will be in SAN DIEGO!  Better not be any snow there.

This has been a good "men socializing" day in the life of Grandma G.

"Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."
(Philippians 2:4)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment