Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Good Sunday....

     This has been a good late winter Sunday  There was frost on the windows when I got up at 7:30 so I figured it was a chilly day.  It was....9 degrees.  This should be the last of them for this year and the last of them for me FOREVER.


      Remember the picture of the  road marker a few days back?  Here's one on top of a fire hydrant close to my home.
See why "markers" are all over town.  Do YOU have snow markers all over your town?


     I did double church this morning.  I filled in as piano player for a local Lutheran church at 9:30 and then went on to my home church at 10:40.  I enjoyed helping at the first church and appreciated their offering to me. It is good to be acknowledged for one's skill and not be considered "just" a musician.  I was happy to attend most of the service at my church, though I felt a little sheepish (pun?) coming so late at mine.  I know that they love me and accept me anyway.
 A lady who has been a part of this church for as long as I have-- over 30 years--asked me if it is true that I am leaving the area.  I said, yes.  She expressed her sadness at me leaving and even seemed to have a mist in her eyes.  There is only a handful of us that have been there that long.  I felt loved and humbled that she feels the way she does.  Good news, though, she has a brother that lives in ---Portland.  Maybe she'll get out that way sometime.



6 of 9 Jarosinskis
Georgia, Kate, Betty, John, Rosie, Paula 
Indianapolis, Christmas 2011
     At home this afternoon I read an email from my sister, Betty, in response to our 3 Senior Sisters Cross Country Road Trip. She has to talk things over at home, but she is obtaining a passport this month.  Plans are  starting to roll along!
     She also said our older sister, Rosie, had surgery to unblock a carotid artery.  She was having several TIA's.  Modern medicine can do marvels.  We siblings are all getting more and more mature.  Time together in person, by phone or email is precious.
     I called Kate to see how Rosie is doing and to discuss my moving plans and our hoped for road  summer road trip. 


     EXCITING!  I packed for San Diego this afternoon.  I will drive to Milwaukee on Tuesday and we will fly out on Thurs.  It was SO great to pack capris rather than corduroys, sandals instead of snow boots, a swimsuit and not a knit cap and gloves.   It is amazing to leave in deep snow and arrive in warm breezes and palm trees within 8 hours.

     This evening Betty and I had dinner out (big sloppy sub at a local spot--yum)  After getting home I talked with my computer tech support AKA Chuck.  He couldn't figure out something even after "taking control" of my computer.  At one point he remarked, "I don't know, ask Bill."  I think there was a slight  hint of sarcasm in that remark.
    Now it is off to bed with visions of sea gulls and surf and palm trees dancing in my head!

This has been a good Sunday in the life of Grandma G.

"He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes." (Psalm 147:16)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment