Friday, March 30, 2012

Historic Day!

She's moving out west and isn't taking the store along.....























Northwoods Music & Supplies is closing May 25, 2012

    The ad is out in the paper!  A number of people have been into the store today.  The 20% off sale officially starts on Monday, but folks received their discount today as well.  All have expressed regret that the store is closing, but wish me well. 
    There is one younger fellow who wishes he could afford to take over the store.  He has played in a band for several years.  I don't know if he will have any follow up. 
    I have given out most of the "retirement" notices to my students and parents.  All say they are sad to see me go, but are glad for me.  I am feeling better about being done with the business and teaching.  Each day I get more of a sense that it is time to move on.

     This day has passed by quickly---the entire week has passed by quickly.   This morning I prepared a pork roast with Jamaican jerk seasoning to cook in a crock pot for several hours.  YUM!  (I was introduced to jerk flavoring while in Jamaica a number of years ago. Just have to have it once in a while---not TOO spicy, though.) 

    Jamie was in the store for part of the afternoon.  He tuned up the guitars so they are ready for customers to try.   We chatted about other things as well.  He wants to stock up on single E and G strings before I close, since the nearest music store is at least an hour's drive from Park Falls.

    This is busy travel time for my adult children.  One family is presently in Cozumel, Mexico.  Another family is in San Fransisco for an Odyssey of the Mind state competition and then on to Nashville, TN for vacation and a wedding.  A third family is flying from Portland to Disneyland and San Diego for the week.  I am glad they are able to travel.  (I remember staying mostly in Park Falls while raising 7 kids.  When the youngest had just started first grade I road with my husband to a small city 2 hours from here.  I felt like I was a queen to be able to go somewhere for the afternoon.)

    The jerk pork tasted really good this evening!!

    This was a good "going out of business" day in the life of Grandma G.

   "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:....a time to plant and a time to uproot." (Ecclesiastes 3: 1 & 2)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment