Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Back Home in Wisconsin....

     I am home after a few busy days.  Monday was spent at Disneyland from 10:30AM until 9:30PM.  I had a great time, but did have an age crisis.  I dearly wanted to rent a motorized cart to ride around on instead of walking.  I did manage to stay "afoot" with a few sit down rests in between. 
     It was probably 11PM when I went to bed.  Get up time was 5AM, but for some reason I was awake at 4:15.   By 5:45 we were on our way to downtown San Diego for Angie to drop off the rental car.  We must have been partially asleep because as we were directed to a place to park we just sat in the car.  This handsome young attendant finally said, "This is your final destination.  You need to get out of the car now."
    We were blessed (or not blessed) with a VERY talkative shuttle driver.  I'm sure it was a rehearsed narrative that he has given a zillion times--about his original home in Ohio, how he visited San Diego when 18 years old and never went back, how he had 2 high stress jobs in order to raise 7 kids, how his wife is an excellent seamstress and has 5 different kinds of sewing machines and he gets to get something of similar monetary value but his are all in the form of IOU's, how he goes fishing at the reservoir during the week and not on weekends when it is busy, how his San Diego grand kids didn't know that potatoes grow underground and not on trees so he has a potato garden for them to observe, etc, etc, etc, etc.  Little did he know how I despise voices in the early morning--they are similar to scraping fingernails across a blackboard.  I'm sure he would have been silent if he knew that is how I feel in the early AM.  As we all "de-shuttled" he said he will be praying for a safe trip for all of us.  That was nice to hear--even in the early morning.
     I usually can't sleep on a plane, but this particular time I did.  Of the almost 4 hour flight I probably slept 3 hours.  GREAT!  During one short dream I was observing a completely white city.  That was really cool, though I think it would get boring to live in all white.
    So time wise we went from 8AM to 3PM in 4 hours and then from 4PM to 5:30PM in 2 and a half hours.  In Atlanta we sat on the tarmac for 20 to 30  minutes for our turn to take off.  There were about 15 planes lined up behind us.  Such is modern fast travel.


   Finally.....(I think the day was Tuesday).....






  MAW and her boys arrived safely back in Milwaukee.




"Aw, where's all the traffic like in San Diego?"
While we were gone something wonderful happened.  Springtime came to Wisconsin!
We were greeted by 60 degree temperatures and NO SNOW!
I stayed overnight at Angie's before heading back "up north".

This has been a good travel east day in the life of Grandma G.

"Where can I go from your Spirit? If I go up to the heavens you are there;" (Psalm 139: 7&8)



No comments:

Post a Comment