Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Flying High!

photo by Ryan VanElls
8:05 PM CST? I am finally flying high and connected with gogo inflight.  It was a hassle to get this far.  I prepaid gogo inflight this morning, BUT....forgot to write down and bring my code along. I was able to "live chat" with Becky but somehow I got the code wrong.  Instead of trying to reconnect I bought an "over America" pass for $4.95 which was much easier to access and cheaper than the $12.95 24 hour pass I paid for this morning.  I'd like to say that is a savings of $7, but in reality this gogo is going for
$17.90.  But for the informative learning experience that this is it is cheap "learning"   And great fun.

We're off to San Diego!
Angie, Austin, Ryan and I got off to a good start...had plenty of time to drive around the drop off area of the Milwaukee air port twice before parking to follow a shuttle to find the remote parking area.  Check in was a little stressful for Angie since obtaining her free 1st checked bag was not completely set up.  After a few go arounds she and the clerks got it figured out and even gave Ang her needed boarding passes after she went back to notify them they didn't give them to her at the first and second  attempt. With that successfully settled we set off to security.  I mentioned to Angie I thought there were a LOT of folks going through. I hadn't seen that many in Milwaukee all the 2 times I had been through.  We patiently stood in line quite a while when I noticed this was concourse for Frontier and some other air line.  After checking with a friendly TSA person she informed us we were at the wrong concourse. OH.   We hustled over to the correct one which had a much shorter line, BUT.....v-e-r--y----s---l----o----w----.    They were nice, though, just as we got our turn through security they opened up another check through.

Ryan's first flight
Austin's second, but can't remember his first
   We will arrive in San Diego at 9:20 PST.  Bill is going to meet us and drive us to the car rental.  We think we are going to Disney Land with Gretta, Jude and Gemma in the morning. (Ryan and I just noticed that it is -56 degrees F outside.  It doesn't get that cold even in Wisconsin.)

Ryan and I are going to watch "Happy Feet Two".  More tomorrow!   (I had a good trip from Park Falls to Milwaukee via  my reocrding studio on Tuesday.  More on that later.)



This has been a good "flying high to San Diego" day in the life of Grandma G.

"For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies."
(Psalm 108:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment