Sunday, March 18, 2012

Count Down Time!

    In the BIG PICTURE it is time for me to outline time lines!  I am in the midst of many projects, many issues, many decisions, many feelings.  Late mid-life crisis?  I am a little fearful of making and seeing my goals come to pass.  Fear of making wrong decisions?  Probably.  Uncertainty of WHO I am?  Probably.  Overwhelmed at the tasks to be done?  FOR SURE.

     Today was a very warm, beautiful early spring day.  It was so warm this afternoon I needed to wait until evening for a walk.  Highly unusual. 

     For our church service we had a Christian Seder meal.  I found it inspiring, educational, and tasty!

      I "wiled away" most of the afternoon watching TV.  It started off innocently enough with an entertaining true story of a high school girls' basketball team and coach.  It ended up being caught up in "Untold Stories of the ER".  The programs are good.  It just that by evening I have a Boob Tube hang over and nothing significant accomplished.

     I typed a "spring concert/ this is my last year teaching" letter to my students and parents.  I couldn't print it, though, since my printer isn't printing.  I shut down the computer and will try in the morning.  I do dislike technology malfunctions.  I'd much rather be out flying in an airplane.
                                                                                                               

 IN PRECIOUS MEMORY........

My foster dad, Jim Sperry, died on Thursday, March 9, 2012.  He was 93. 

I had a great visit with him and Susie, my foster sister, in late December.  Visiting with them in Indianapolis was a yearly event for the past several years.

On this last visit I took these pictures of their family crest; also of the Abagaile doll and book that that Jim's mom created and sold in Nashville, IN during the Depression. 














"Rest in peace, dear Foster Dad."

This has been a good Sunday in the life of Grandma G.

"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
 (Psalm 139:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment