Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Can you find the leprechaun?

This has been a refreshing St. Patty's Day.  I drove 45 miles to a nearby town for a ladies' meeting.  The weather was unusual.  The temperature was already in the 70's in the morning.  With snow still on the ground and the sun shining brightly the warmth caused a low mist along the road.

The ladies' meeting was good and lasted until close to 2PM.  Being hungry I stopped at Burger King for a sandwich.  I was treated to free french fries and St Paddy's special sauce--GREEN.  I know it was colored ketchup, but the look was a bit gross.  Tasted good! 
Later at home I went for a 30 minute walk.  Saw the first robin and then second and third.  Sorry, no camera. (Did you know that Wisconsin robins spend their winters in Washington state?  Smart)  With the temperature in the 70's this was probably a record high day.  "Normal" temp would be around 20 degrees.

This evening our missions board, pastors and visiting missionaries had a dinner at a local restaurant.   Oh, yah, I was there since I am on the missions board.  Didn't want to randomly tell you about something I wasn't involved in.

I finished the day by watching a 2 part movie titled Real Women.  It was a combination of the times around the civil war and  settling Texas.  One of the main characters was named Georgia.  She was a feisty gal.  It was strange to keep hearing my name.  The movie was more violent than I am comfortable with, but I can understand the psychology of it.

The truth of the day is that I was really tired all day---don't know why and don't like it.  Perhaps it is a "hangover" from vacation.  Hopefully tomorrow will be energized.  Still was a good day.

This has been a good ST. Patty's Day in the life of Grandma G.

"As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease." (Genesis 8:22)



No comments:

Post a Comment