Monday, March 26, 2012

Pivotal Day; Emotional Week....

     With 9 weeks left until I intend to close the music store I knew it was time to get a "going out of business" ad in the weekly local paper.  I called the paper this morning to see when an ad has to be submitted.  I was surprised to find that the newspaper office has been transferred to the town 20 miles south of Park Falls.  I was informed that I could process the ad on line.  Actually it required talking to a live person via phone.  She said that business ads had to be in by Friday (the past Friday), but if I could get her the information by noon she would get it in this Thursday's paper. That has been done.  The paper for this coming week will publicly announce the closing of Northwoods Music & Supplies.  When I first took over the store I had a timeline of 5 years.  Those 5 years were up in February.  That is not why I am closing, but I find it interesting that the 5 year timeline proved accurate.

     I also printed off a letter to my students and parents informing them that this will be my last spring recital, that I will be done teaching the end of May and that the store is closing.  This is what makes a difficult week for me. 
     I have now committed to moving.  I know I can change my mind--no one is forcing me to move.  But now that this decision is public it puts the "real" into my dreams and thoughts.  I am excited and yet apprehensive. 
    I gave out 3 letters to students this afternoon.  I did not see 2 of the parents, the 3rd commented that this news is bittersweet.
    I have been teaching piano in Park Falls for 26 years--several years from my home and 12-15 years in a studio setting.   Interacting with kids has been a delight.  I think I would be a crabby, elderly lady if it weren't for them. 


     I spent a productive hour at the piano this afternoon.  I have finalized "Keep On Keeping On"!  Some of the rhythm was tricky for me to get into a steady beat.  So now it is a matter of getting to know it well enough to perform and sing it at the recital in 6 weeks.  It will be my goodbye and encouragement song to everyone.  Come to our recital on May 6, 2PM and hear the debut!  It's a fun one!


     
This has been a good pivotal day in the life of  Grandma G.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment