Sunday, April 1, 2012

WEEKEND....April 1st.....





   Happy April 1st!   Also known as April Fool's Day.  I don't know why this is deemed April Fool's Day.  Time is now 11:50PM CDT and I neither initiated nor received an April Fool prank.  Although maybe I did.....
     "Creaks in the night".....I went to bed early Sat. night--11:15--figuring I could then get up earlier on Sunday and do a few things in the morning before church.  I had a full day, including a 1.25 mile on the treadmill and several minutes stretching, so thought sleep would come quickly.  It did not.  I was restless and thoughts kept bouncing in my head like numerous ping pong balls ponging all at once.   By then the clock showed 1:30AM.  As I lay there the furnace started creaking, which is normal.  But as I listened it seemed like the creaking went on and on and on.  Soon my imagination was hearing the rhythm of stairs creaking like someone slowly sneaking up the stairs. I had never been aware of so many creaks.  I sat up a bit and listened then tried to "relax".  Couldn't.  I finally decided I would never go to sleep unless I was REALLY sure no one extra was in the house.  I turned on a light and then lit each room and stairway as I checked room to room---all empty.  Yeah.  I then fell asleep to awake to daylight at 8:45.  Maybe I did receive an April Fool's prank.

     Yesterday I made reservations for lodging in Banff, Canada in preparation for the Great 3 Senior Sisters Cross Country Road Trip in August!   From now on known as the G3SSCCRT---if I can remember what that stands for.  Sounds like something out of a government file.  I like to have fun projects to plan for.

     I wore a cream colored cotton "hoody" to church this morning.  I was pleased with the bargain I had bought.  After service I put on the hoody to leave.  A younger lady that I know came up to me and after hugging pointed to a spot under my sleeve.  The price tag was dangling from under my armpit.  OOPS.  Another joke on me--literally.

     Today a lady I met up with at our one and only grocery store said she saw in the paper that I am moving.  She thought Arizona.  She said I provided a great service to the town for many years and thanked me.  She also said she will miss me.  It is comforting to be told that I will be missed.

Betty , Nick , Georgia
      Betty J and I took dinner to my brother, Nick, and his wife.  We had a group of 9 people.  Nick has had Picks disease for the past 8 years.   He is almost 14 months younger than me.  Picks is a form of Alzheimer's.  Nick is very docile. It is difficult to know how much he is aware; he doesn't converse but will sing along with others.   Sandy is caring for him at home.     



Flashback......
     Around the years my brother Nick and I were 10 and 11 (55 years ago) we would travel the 500 miles between Indianapolis and Park Falls by Greyhound bus .One spring around Easter time we were going Park Falls. We bought these cute pastel chicks dyed pink, blue and yellow. Sitting in the seats on the Greyhound we had them in a shoe box next to us. The driver came by and asked what we had in the box. We excitedly showed him our peeping, pecking chicks and said we were taking them to Wisconsin for Easter. He replied that he isn't suppose to know we have them so we better keep the cover on.
On arriving up north we let our chicks out to scurry around. After admiring them our aunt and uncle told us of a farm where they would be happy. That is the last I saw of our colorful balls of fluff. I imagine they ended up on the farmer's dinner table. Today we would probably be accused of animal cruelty and our dad of child neglect.


This has been a good April Fool's day in the life of  Grandma G.

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue.(Proverbs 17:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment