Sunday, April 15, 2012

On the Road Again.....

I drove 2 hours to Wausau Saturday afternoon to attend a high school play that 3 grandson brothers were in---The Music Man.


Audience--Aila (cousin), Burt, Tyler, Logan, Grandma G


Cory and Devin
Barber shop quartet-- Josh--second to the left


Josh, Cory, Devin
    

     It was a well produced and entertaining play.  I remember several years ago when their dad, Burt, along with siblings, Gerry and Angie, were all in The Wizard of Oz.

     I drove back home Sunday 9:30 AM after an 8 o'clock church service.  The weather forecast was for storms and then severe storms in the afternoon.  I wanted to be home before that.  It was raining most of the way home, but getting closer to Park Falls it was merely cloudy.  Nothing happened weather wise until about 15 minutes ago (11:30PM) when the thunder and rain rolled in.  It is 65 degrees right now but suppose to drop cold enough for SNOW tomorrow.

    I had intended to spend the afternoon working on financial concerns.  Instead I watched TV while I ate lunch and then had a NAP.  I don't nap often, but it sure felt good today.  Strange dreams, though--really thought I was awake, but wasn't.  Actually Angie woke me when I heard the phone ring.  I wasn't awake enough to answer, but she brought me back to reality.  When I did call her, we chatted for a long time since I haven't talked with her for a few weeks.

    I did work on my tax information a bit.  Trying to figure it for the music store is more than I can handle calmly.  That is the most anxiety ridden event of the year for me.  I think I have it figured out and am SO grateful it should be my last one! Yaeh!

This has been a good 2 "drive to Wausau" days in the life of Grandma G

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him."
 (Psalm 127:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment