Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rest day.....

      I had a restless night, probably from tension and nerves.  I wasn't able to sleep past 7:30  even having gone to bed at 1AM and not sleeping well.  An hour of walking the treadmill and stretching helped to relieve tension.   

      I had arranged to receive fax forms from the realtor in Vancouver.  I needed to do that at the music store around 1PM.  I hadn't faxed for a long time so wasn't sure if it would work.  It did.  The forms are for a contract to purchase the house in Vancouver!  Yeah! Plans are moving on.
        The realtor  has been really nice and encouraging to me concerning moving out there and being wanted in the "55 and older" community.  That makes me feel relaxed and even excited on occasion.
 

     All day the BBC America had a Planet Earth  marathon.  I turned it on after I got home.  That was the end of any "chores" for the rest of the day.  I napped a bit, then watched and marveled at the beauty of the world, even in depths where no one sees--up to now.  The rest of the day was....restful. I  simply watched TV in between washing dishes and doing laundry. There is a lot of paperwork that needs to be done, but it is nice to just relax and rebuild one's stamina.

    Yesterday I received cover proofs for my new CD.  I haven't decided yet if I want changes or what they will be.  Another project that is finally moving along!

    I had contacted a recording studio last fall when I was in Vancouver.  I met with the technician and we seemed favorable toward each other.  I gave him copies of the CDs I want to work on after I get settled.  He also  had sent me an email in February saying he had found an illustrator for me.    
    Now I am concerned because when I was out there over Easter weekend my grandson drove me to the address of the studio and we couldn't find it.  There was a generic message on his answer machine (woman's voice).  Nor has he returned the 2 emails I sent him.  His web page has not been updated since last fall.  I am beginning to wonder if he moved, quit business, is ill or even worse. 
A disturbing mystery. 

    This has been a good rest day in the life of Grandma G.

"For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.  In his hands are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him.  The sea is his for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land." (Psalm 95:3-5)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment