Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Permission to Move on.....

     At this time most of my piano students and parents are aware that I am "retiring" the end of May and moving to Washington. (This afternoon one 5 year old girl said, "And then you'll get to see the president."  I had to explain there are 2 different Washingtons.  "Oh, ya", she replied, "D C".

     Everyone has been kind and supportive, several have expressed regret or sorrow on their part, many have said they are glad and proud of me to be trying something new, some have acknowledged that I have taught many students over the years and have provided a great service to the community.  So many agree that winters here are harsh;that they get harder to endure as we get older; that they would like to move if conditions were right.  All have given their approval of me moving on and away.  This makes me feel released to go, to have permission to build a new life in Vancouver.  This also makes me feel loved and appreciated.  This gives me courage to close this chapter of my life and to open a new one in the Pacific Northwest!



Stephanie, my high school senior helper,
showing a 20% off sale sign.




                                                                            


      I will be flying out to Vancouver this weekend to look at a house.  I am excited to go.  At the same time I am preparing my mind for a new cultural experience and life style.   I have lots of "stuff" that will need downsizing.  I am trying to visualize my life and what to keep, what to let go of---mentally and "stuff"ly.  

    This has been a good "permission to move" day in the life of Grandma G.

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal..."
 (Philippians 3:13)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment