Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Afternoon in Portland, Baby!

     Zach and his friend Amanda took me around Vancouver to check out a few music stores.  My little store in Park Falls would fit into one cubby hole at Beacock's, the largest.






 













 We had lunch 30 stories up at the Portland Grill in the US Bank Corp Building.  The views were incredible---and a little mysterious.













     After a tasty lunch we ventured up to the 41st floor.  There were 2 higher, but we weren't allowed there.
On the elevator leaving the 41st floor a gentleman joined us.  He told us there are 2 more floors to which we replied, "We know. We tried going up there but couldn't."  He indicated that he had just come from there.  So I said he could take us there, to which he replied that he couldn't even take his wife and kids.  Though I told him I am  a world famous blogger and Zach told him I am a professional pianist, he still refused.  As he looked at my hands he muttered something about exquisite hands.  I think he was being a bit sarcastic.  His loss.
Portland from the 41st floor.

     This has been a good afternoon in Portland in the life of Grandma G.

    "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." (1John 4:7)







    

No comments:

Post a Comment