Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Good Spring Sunday....

     Today was a good Sunday.  After a refreshing church service I did a little shopping at our local Pamida store.  It is changing over to Shoppco so everything is a little bit on sale.  I also did some grocery shopping---bought soda and water for the recital.  Beef roasts were on sale and all this past week I was thinking of one of the favorite meals we had when the kids were at home---beef roast with carrots, potatoes and LOTS of gravy!  So I bought a roast and prepared it, like in the old days. YUM!  I will eat good this week!
     I haven't talked much with the kids lately, so I made 5 phone calls to family earlier this afternoon.  Later in the day 2 kids returned my call.  Chuck was one.  He and his 4 ladies--Anna, his wife, and 3 young daughters--are coming up this weekend.  Saturday is the youngest's 3rd B-day so we will have a party for her.  Yeah!
      

      I am taking this notebook to the music store with me tomorrow.  In fact I will carry it around in my purse.  It will be my memory book.  I will have people write a message or at least sign it so I have a bit of my friends to take along when I move.
     I am in count down mode---the last of this, the last of that, etc.  I am saying my goodbyes to folks and this area.  At the same time I am mentally preparing for Pacific Northwest living.

 THE QUEEN BEE


   I went for a 35 minute walk.  Our spring has been put on hold
with the onset of colder weather.  Today, though, the wind was mild
and spring seems to have returned.  I think the next 2 days are going to
be close to 70. 


large cast iron cooking pot from lumberjack days


       I spent some time this evening practicing my recital songs.  They will be my focus all week.  I will also need to prepare programs and award certificates for the students.  Busy week.  Its just that I can't energize or work speedily anymore. My mind thinks about all that needs to be done; I make lists and my body just slowly goes about it. 

     One interesting, actually frustrating, story.  I called a phone number to cancel a credit score web program.  I didn't want it in the first place, but unforunately clicked on a wrong tab and got registered for it.  Already then I called to cancel--one of those numbers that has press 1,2,3,4,5, depending on what you need.  When I pressed the 5 for the cancel I was redirected back to the start to start all over.  Tried it again and was again redirected.  I let it go at the time.  Time went on and I was charged $29.95.   I called again yesterday.  Got redireted again.  This time I went for the "rep".  At first she didn't seem to know what I was talking about.  Finally I convinced her that I wanted to cancel.  She wanted to know why.  When I told her I didn't want to the $29.95, she said I could have the program for 12.95.  I told her I wanted to cancel.  She started listing all the wonderful benefits of having this program.  I kept telling her I want to cancel.  I practically had to beg her to cancel me.  She finally did.    Annoying   cyberbullying 

     This has been a good spring Sunday in the life of Grandma G.

"Cast on your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment