Tuesday, April 17, 2012

High Hopes!

     I think I have a house--a home!!  It's the one for me.  There is the financial aspect to work out yet, but I think it is doable!!  I am excited, yet nervous.  I will be totally excited when all the details are worked out.  Yeah!  Keep checking in!

     This has been a fast paced day.  I have a lot of issues on my mind and don't know if I am tending to all of them.  As one gets settled it is easier to focus on the remaining.  This is actually a fast paced week--many tasks to be finalized.

     The afternoon at the music store passed quickly.  My friend, Barb, stopped for a visit.  We chatted for a half hour or more.  Students started coming for lessons at 2:30 and continued until 6PM with a few breaks in between.   I sold a guitar, ukulele and bongos. One customer was interested to see my name is Schmidt.  That is her maiden name.  She spent quite a while telling how she found out some very interesting information about  her German ancestors when she needed in depth blood tests because of a cancer she had.  She went on to say how 3 years ago the doctors told her she had only 6 months to live.  Today she is cancer free and doesn't know why.  People like to chat.  That's OK.

     This evening at home I watched a new episode of Deadliest Catch.  After I worked on the  info and pictures for my new CD, AND emailed them to my studio man.  This project will get completed yet!

     Tomorrow I get another new crown put on; need to drive 6 miles north to get accompaniment music for the school's spring concert; and get to celebrate my first granddaughter's  golden 18th B-day--though from a distance!

   Preparations to move west are progressing.  There is still one gnarly situation to be dealt with.  I keep putting it off because it is gnarly.  Yet maybe only in my mind.  It's one of those ogres under a bridge that I have to cross.  I will feel "home free" once bridge is crossed.

 

  An abandoned old time silo along a side road in northern Wisconsin---a favorite icon for me.
(just a fun curiosity picture)




This has been a good "progress" day in the life of Grandma G.  

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."  (Matt.  17:20-21)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment