Wednesday, April 25, 2012

International Blogger!

     The past few days I was studying some aspects of blogging and my personal blog.  I came upon the "stats" page.  Since joining the blogging community and "publishing" the first of February I have had 748 page views.  Coming from a small town that sounds like a lot to me for 2 and 1/2 months.  There are folks from 10 different countries.  HI!
     I am still a learner in the art of blogging.  I am ignorant of many computer skills.  I have not figured out how to allow comments.  I have a son who is an expert at all this, but he lives 300 miles south.  Sometime soon when we can get together he will instruct me how to do these things.  I plan to eventually include video, sound, and links to pertinent issues.  In the meantime I hope all of you, my new friends, will continue to check in on Grandma G, to see how she is doing.
     Each time I click to publish it is an exciting, yet fearful moment.    I am sharing my life on a global scale.  Having lived on this earth for 66 years I sometimes feel there are 132 years of stories, experiences and adventures to tell---some happy, some sad, some scary, some almost unbelievable, some humorous, some serious.  Yet all of them are part of the human story of each of us no matter where we live on this earth.  I invite you to share these with me and hope they add enjoyment, encouragement, entertainment and enthusiasm to your day.

                                                                                                         



The parking lot in front of my store at noon.  Are they all here to
enjoy my 20% off sale?







Same parking lot 2 hours later.  How many came into my store?  none


WHERE were they?







       As you might observe from the pictures, MY place of business was quiet this afternoon.  That did make for great studio time for me.  I continued to rehearse for my recital in 11 days.  Since it will be the last one here in Park Falls I hope to make it special and memorable.  I thought of another song to include---this one just for fun.  Dark Chocolate.  I haven't worked on it for a long time and at first could not recall it.  If I can get it together, it will be a fun last "encore" song.  I also spent time on the 2 choir songs for the neighboring school.
    A mom of a student (his brother was a former student) come in this afternoon to give me a hug and express her sadness at me leaving.  She was gracious and said I have influenced a lot of students over the years and will be missed.  She also said there are many more students to be reached in Vancouver.  These encounters make me feel sad to leave, but also comforted to know that I am loved and appreciated.

   This has been a good International day in the life of Grandma G.

"There was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:9)
    







No comments:

Post a Comment