Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do you believe it???

     I was busy at the computer at 9AM when I glanced outside to see......to see.....to see.....SNOW.  I bet it isn't snowing in Vancouver, WA.











Do you see the "feels like 26"?   Disregard that 50 degree stuff.  The wind blows icicles at you--well, at me anyway.  Even our hardy guys at the gas pump were wearing coats.








     I had a restless night....too many things on my mind.  But I am having an enjoyable time writing out some thoughts for a memory book that my daughter-in-law is putting together for my grandson, Josh, who is graduating from high school this spring.  He is going into premed in the fall.


      In 2007 I took Josh on his Grandma G/Josh great adventure to the Pacific Northwest.  (I have the goal of taking each of my 18 grandkids on a trip with me when they are around 12 years old---5  have gone so far.)


Grandma G and Josh in 2007





Josh and Grandma G in fall of 2012


three friends





Cousins Zach and Josh with Astoria bridge in background---a 4.1 miles long bridge spanning the mouth of the Columbia River in Astoria, OR.







                      My favorite NW Pacific Ocean scenery photo ( summer 2007 )



     I had to fight off negatives thoughts and fears throughout the day---some personal issues to be dealt with.  Working with my music this afternoon and these pictures this evening has put my mind at ease.  I reason that if one works on something creative and positive during times of stress, there is something beautiful left over when the stressful time has past. 

     
This has been a good reminiscing day in the life of Grandma G.

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."
(Philippians 4: 8)




No comments:

Post a Comment