Friday, April 6, 2012

FLYING HIGH....AGAIN!

     It is 7PM CDT--probably 6PM CDT wherever I am.  I am flying high on my way to Vancouver, WA. I am more content now that I can fly high with Gogo in flight.  I was disgruntled about an hour ago.  I thought I was going to get a $400 bump but then  was told to board at the last minute.  (A "bump" is money for tickets in exchange for taking a later flight because the present flight is full.)
    In reality this flight is very BuMpY.  I am in a middle seat--don't know how that happened.  Guess there weren't any aisle seats available when I booked this flight.  Try to picture 3 "guests" in an area ergonomically designed for 2.  Picture all three of us tapping away on our laptops.  Picture the passenger in the middle seat right in front of me having reclined her seatback as far back as it will go--it goes into the personal space of the passenger right behind her--ME.  Picture (and listen) to the lady to my right who is not only tapping her laptop but has loud volume music to go with it.  Not that I am complaining or anything.  Just picture, that's all. (and listen)  (Her headphone jack was not plugged in.  "We" determined that when the passengers across the aisle started wondering where the music was coming from.  All is quiet now.)
   I started off this day feeling quite fatigued.  It went that way most of the day.  The drive to Wausau was pleasant.  Just south of Park Falls I spotted 2 eagles soaring.  I tried for pictures, but couldn't.   Further  along there were 2 occasions of big fluffy birds perched on treetops.  You have to take my word because I was too fatigued to stop and get photos.  I did get this one, though.  This beast pulled out in front of me, puffing away like a black horned devil--the exhaust smelled like it, too.  I thought such engines were outlawed long ago. I slowed down enough to be free of the smell.  (If you ever want to do me in, just put me in a room full of fuel oil.  That will do it.)  Fortunately the truck turned off about 10 miles down the road.
     While waiting in Wausau for Burt to drive me to the airport I had a nice visit with him and Jen.  They just returned from a week in Cozumel, Mexico.  There they hung out and snorkeled with their 3 oldest boys.
    I am grateful to be going to Deb's.  The decision to go came about quite suddenly.  It will be nice to get away from the pressure of the store closing and all the personal choices that have to be made.  I am excited to look at the possible house and scout out the neighborhood.
     Deb and her family are still vacationing in San Diego.  Carole is picking me and then we are off to dinner--about 8PM PNW time--10PM my body clock time.
Mt Rainier
    For all of us Christians today is Good Friday, the day we remember the death of our Lord, Jesus Christ.  It is a memorial day in which we remember and are grateful for the sacrifice of himself on the cross to redeem us and grant us forgiveness of our sins.  It is a peaceful day.
Columbia River
 






  We are making our initial approach to PDX.  Need to use my last few minutes (of Gogo).  My sister Kate sent me an email while I'm in flight.  I have sent her emails from the heavenlies! 



What greeted us in the kitchen at Deb's house.  About 1/2 dollar in circumference.  Spiders seem to be after me these past few days.









This has been a good travel to the Pacific Northwest day in the life of Grandma G.

"Jesus said, 'It is finished'.  With that he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." (John 19:30)























   

No comments:

Post a Comment