Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th....

church decorated for Easter
     I was up early (for me) to play for the church service right across the street.  Fridays are for the school kids.  I was happy to help out.  A number of kids are or have been my piano students.  They think its pretty cool when I am there.  We had one little snag.  Two girls played clarinets.  I was unaware that the piano needed to be transposed to Bb.  The girls knew that Mrs. J did something but they didn't know what.  After a few tries (the service was already going) we figured it out.  Afterwards a group of 6 kids came up to say hi and give hugs-- my granddaughter and her 3rd grade classmates.  Most were my students.  I will miss interacting with all of them.  Another "last" for me. (Again the air was quite cold this AM.)
        Mr.Y sent up a master CD of my new music to listen to .  I did that while working on the computer this AM.

     I was disappointed this afternoon.  I called the realtor in Vancouver.  There was a misunderstanding in the financing of the house I was looking at.  It may not work out.  Actually there is the second house that I think I want more.  The financing for that one might be more doable.  I just have to trust God that what is best for me will work out.

    Otherwise the afternoon was quiet.  I spent some time working  on songs I hope to do for my last recital.  There are 4---2 are songs I want to sing.
     I also spent time listening to the master copy for my new CD.  I need to get that finalized in order to get CDs!
early spring colors in Wausau, WI

     There are oodles of issues to be settled before moving.  At times I wonder if I should stay, but the thought of winter quickly stops my wondering!  I picture having a nice teaching studio in Vancouver.  The second house has a room that is perfect for that.

  


  It was enjoyable tonight to just sit in front of the TV for 4 hours---relaxing my mind and nerves.  I did have the TV turned on----in case you were wondering why I was sitting in front of the TV for 4 hours.

Today was a good Friday the 13th in the life of Grandma G.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)






No comments:

Post a Comment