Monday, April 23, 2012

Took the Day off...

Nick and Sandy and little dog, Christmas, 2009
     I took the day off from blogging yesterday--Sunday.  It was a quiet day.  Betty J and I had supper with my brother, Nick and his wife.  Nick just turned 65.  He has Picks disease. I guess it is related to Alzheimer's.  He is docile, though unable to communicate other than smiling.  He does sing and knows TV jingles.  Sandy said it has been 7 years since he was diagnosed.  The symptoms started as getting driving directions mixed up and then confusion at work.  The medical world doesn't have much explanation of what causes it.  One possibility is a blow to the head in younger years.
     I am number 9 of 11 siblings.  Nick is number 10.  He and I and another brother settled up here in Park Falls, though the rest of our family live in Indianapolis.  Our dad grew up on a farm about 10 miles south of here; met our mom while in school in Indianapolis; married and lived there.  His heart was always in Wisconsin and sent us kids up here as much as he could.

      In the evening I spent a couple hours working on the cover and info for my new CD.  It was (is) much more involved that I thought it would be.  I hope it will be all that I hope it will be!

     I spent Monday morning working on miscellaneous paper tasks.  There are oodles of "small" issues to be taken care of.  They muddle up my brain like cobwebs.  I also sent out by email the changes for the cover of my new CD.     Oh, The Places I've Been!


     I sold a few more items at the store this afternoon.  With only 5 weeks remaining to be open I am eager to sell as much as I can.  In May I will lower prices again. 
     I spent more time practicing the pieces I want to perform and sing at the piano recital on Sunday, May 6.  It will be my last one here in Park Falls.  I know it is the students' recital.  I have routinely played something at the end.  This year I hope to have a mini concert of 4 of my original pieces.  
    I also tried out the 2 songs I'm going to accompany for the Butternut school's last concert of the year.  They are somewhat involved, but they will be a good mental and musical workout for me.
    I had only 3 lessons.  One 5th grade girl is nicknamed, George.  We have a great time greeting each other, "Hi George". "Oh, Hi George".  She is a little go-getter.  I told her there are only 2 lessons left until the recital.  She wanted to make sure there will still be lessons in May so she can come.  She'll miss me when I leave.  That makes me feel loved.  George. 

   After work this evening I went for a 30 minute walk.  The sun was nice, but the wind was cold.  Yet it is great to be  able to get outside.  At home I did 30 minutes of stretches as I watched an episode of Departures.  The program relaxed my mind while the exercise refreshed my body.  Later in the evening there was another episode featuring Sri Lanka. I hadn't seen that one before. (I just looked up Sri Lanka on the map.  It is off the south east coast of India.)  Good stuff.  Jason and Scott, my Canadian traveling boys!


grandson, Jake, and Nemo
GUARD DOG     














This has been a good 2 "day off and back on" days in the life of Grandma G.

"The noble man (woman) makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he (she) stands." (Isaiah 32:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment