Thursday, April 12, 2012

Travel/ Back Home.....

Wednesday was travel back to Wausau, Wisconsin day.  The flights went well, though crowded and snuggy.  It was raining in Portland when I left.  The weather was partly sunny all the while I was there.


While descending into Salt Lake City I was able to get great photos of the Great Salt Lake--almost great pictures.  I was through SLC only one other time several years ago. I don't remember seeing the lake. 

gray area is lake----"islands" protruding      2nd picture:  light blue is lake   



salt


mountains surrounding SLC



     I sensed a shift in the weather as we deplaned in Minneapolis.  The sun was bright but there was a solid chill in the air.  Next it was on to Wausau.  The flight was about 25 minutes.  The chill in the air was still there.    
     This may have been the last flight out and onto Wausau before I move.   My son, Burt, who picked me up asked if I had taken a picture when I told him.  I said no, and would he take me back to get one.  He said no----we were only 10 miles from the airport at that point.  

      I drove home Thursday morning---2 hours and 120 miles north.  I made a visit to the chiropractor before opening the store.  I was sore from the fall I had taken in Vancouver. 

      The afternoon was busy with getting back into routine. I had committed to playing piano for a children's church service on Friday morning for Betty J while she took the weekend off. I spent some time going over the music.   Jamie came in and talked for about an hour.  He is good for letting me know what went on while I was gone.  I told him I have a house, once I figure out the financing. One of the fellows who is interested in keeping the store going stopped in.  I told him he needed to talk to the owner of the shopping area.  It would be great to have someone take over!  I had a few lessons. One little 5 year old girl played "Mary had a Little Lamb" with one hand and sang along.  She said that is what singers do. Cute. And accurate 

 This has been a good 2 "travel back to the Midwest" days in the life of  Grandma G.  

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."(Psalm 19:1)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment