Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Home for me?

The "Max" in Portland, OR
         My realtor from Vancouver called this morning.  She had forms to fax to me.  I needed to sign them and fax them back.  I am grateful to have a copier/fax machine at my store.  Then I needed to send some forms by priority mail.  I spent 2 hours getting this done. 
        A home for me in VC is getting closer to reality!  I am not well off financially and this contract is a gift from God.  I am excited, yet nervous waiting for the closing to happen.
        The community seems eager to have me join them.  Word is already getting around that the new lady will have a piano teaching studio.   

        This afternoon at the store I spent an hour rehearsing my songs.  I really enjoy having "studio" time.  I reviewed a song titled Monkey Tail Tree.  That reminded of other songs I recorded 2 years ago for my grand kids.  I have a Clavinova in the backroom (to keep it from kids playing it).  There are several songs stored in it.  I played some and sang with them.  My voice is much stronger since I had the heart ablation done last August.  Maybe there is still a singing career in my future!  I also listened to the CD I produced 6 years ago.  I hadn't listened to it for several months.  All that made me want to put on a show here in the local library before I move.  I plan to look into that!

         After the hurry to do paperwork this morning and being absorbed in music this afternoon my mind was disconnected from routine life.  I had to sit awhile and refocus on the students and customers that would be coming in later. 
         With under 2 weeks until the piano recital there is "polishing" to do on the pieces the students are playing.  Most are ready, but there is always counting or rhythm or unsureness to work on.  I give the kids a little leeway if they are apprehensive or have creative ideas.  One kindergarten girl wants to sing Mary Had a Little Lamb--- just singing it 2 times and then playing piano while singing it.  That is what creativity is all about!




HI!










This has been a good faxing/musical day in the life of Grandma G.

"Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young."  (Psalm 84: 3)
        '

No comments:

Post a Comment