Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy 21st B-day.....

     My first grandchild has become legal today!  Actually he has always been legal.  It's just that he can now legally drink alcohol.  Happy 21st B-day, Zachman!  I love you and am proud of you



     Zach was born in Minneapolis and moved to Vancouver when he was 8 years old.  He still has the Midwest in his blood---but probably not at -20 degrees!
Mt. Hood and Zach's #1 city---Portland  
Mt. St. Helen's                            


     I like to do something special on family B-days, and that I did today.  I got crowned!  Well, with a temporary crown.  Last Friday I broke off a sizable chunk of tooth.  Fortunately, my favorite local dentist was able to get me in today.  There wasn't much option but to crown the tooth if I wanted to keep it.  So for 1 hour and 15 minutes I got prepped for the permanent crown.  It's always nice to get crowned--however one can achieve it!

     This was a very full day, including 1.30 miles in 27 minutes on the treadmill.  The sun was shining so brightly this morning that I went outside to go walking.  April fool!  The wind was arctic! 

     I made a mega salad for lunch at the music store.  I knew the dentist appointment was at 2PM so figured I'd eat and have time for my stomach to settle. (I tend to get nervous about dentistry.)  However, word must be getting around about a big sale at Northwoods Music.  As soon as the lights went on (in the store, not my head) customers poured in---all 5 of them.  Short story, there was no time for the mega salad. 

     Another short story.  Right about 3:45 I was feeling "loopy".  Being short on sleep the last 2 nights, having walked the treadmill, having little lunch and having 3 shots of anesthetic all worked together to loop me up.  Manageable, though.  I was glad to go home at 6:50PM.


    Actually I have been excited for Monday 7PM since last Thursday evening!  My depatures.  boys, Justin and Scot, are finally heading off to Antarctica.  They were there in 2008, but I had not seen this episode; I have been watching for it for almost a year.  Antarctica is a place I'd like to see from the comfort of a toasty warm cruise ship.  My sister, Kate, and I were a mere 1,000 miles from it in 2008--while in Hobart, Tasmania.  (I was fascinated by Tasmania since I was a child; probably it was the name, TASMANIA.  It was one place I really wanted to see. Great country. I would go back.)  
the icebreaker, Aurora Australis
the southern coast of Tasmania


This has been a good 21st Zachman's B-day in the life of Grandma G.

"May the Lord bless you from Zion all the days of your life; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem, and may you live to see your children's children."  (Psalm 128:5 & 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment